Noob Water Cooling

Nyt

Thats looks amazing !

In the HAF 932, there are CM clips to hold in cd drives , theres also steel pieces that stick out to hold single drives so would I have to bend those ones so a dual bay could fit in w/o being obstructed ?

Correct.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok , seems simple enough . I'll just have to match all the barbs,etc so it all connects correctly to each other .

How does one go about cleaning a wc loop ? I've heard they're a pain to clean

I've been running water cooling setups for the better part of 4 years now and I can tell you from experience that "cleaning" them isn't a pain unless you've let them get out of control to begin with. The biggest pain is draining, refilling and bleeding them. If you'll just use the correct coolant mixture and drain/refill a couple times a year, that's all there is to it.

Thats looks amazing !

In the HAF 932, there are CM clips to hold in cd drives , theres also steel pieces that stick out to hold single drives so would I have to bend those ones so a dual bay could fit in w/o being obstructed ?

Love the color scheme wevsspot. Looks sick!

@Nyt Ryda-the grooves on the xspc res look deep enough that you would probably be fine. I was trying to just give you more options than anything else.

@El_Capitan- Sorry, I just noticed where you had already talked about the dual bay problems.

Here is the way the tube res and pump combo looks

gallery_66542_298_616293.jpg

I've been running water cooling setups for the better part of 4 years now and I can tell you from experience that "cleaning" them isn't a pain unless you've let them get out of control to begin with. The biggest pain is draining, refilling and bleeding them. If you'll just use the correct coolant mixture and drain/refill a couple times a year, that's all there is to it.

How do you clean it ? Whats bleeding them ? How do you drain them ?

What builds up in the loop that you need to clean ?

Will distilled water and a couple drops of PT Nuke be a correct misture ?

When you first install the loop, how do you get rid of all the air in the pipes ?

For me cleaning consists of just draining the old coolant and replacing with new. If you notice any kind of build up on the inside of your tubing or your reservoir you can add a tablespoon of white vinegar to straight distilled water and run it through the system for a couple of hours. Drain and refill with coolant of your choice.

Bleeding your loop is simply getting rid of all the air bubbles trapped in the closed loop. If you're using a reservoir that's pretty simple. Top off the system, let it run for a while. Top off the system again, repeat until you can't see any more air bubbles in the system.

Regular distilled water and PT Nuke are fine. Regarding mixture strength follow the manufacturer's directions.

Getting rid of air bubbles - see notes on bleeding :)

Proper procedure for draining will depend on how you construct your loop. If you're simple (or cheap like me) I just leave enough hose length so I can pull my res completely away from the case. Then I loosen a hose clamp and pull the tubing. Remember to loosen the fill port on your radiator or reservoir to release the vacuum.

Edited by wevsspot

Ok.

Will 6x 1 foot long pieces of Tygon tubing be enough ?

If in winter the temps are below 0 degrees celsius , will the water in the loop freeze ?

I'd go for 10x1 foot, in case you make some mistakes with sizes, and you get 2 feet leftover as spares.

Lol, I never thought about that... but you do have a house with heating, I hope? You could always leave your computer on if you leave it outside or in a garage or something. :P

I'd go for 10x1 foot, in case you make some mistakes with sizes, and you get 2 feet leftover as spares.

Lol, I never thought about that... but you do have a house with heating, I hope? You could always leave your computer on if you leave it outside or in a garage or something. :P

Ok I'll get 10x 1 foot

No house heating or Air conditioner :P

I'll have to take my chances on that one . Anyone else know ? But once you add PT Nuke doesnt it change the heating properties as it is now no longer distilled water and the freezing point is lower ?

Ok I'll get 10x 1 foot

No house heating or Air conditioner :P

I'll have to take my chances on that one . Anyone else know ? But once you add PT Nuke doesnt it change the heating properties as it is now no longer distilled water and the freezing point is lower ?

Brr... actually, when I stayed in South Africa during their winter (World Cup), I did notice some places I stayed at didn't have heating/air conditioning. Stone tiles in the winter are COLD!

Brr... actually, when I stayed in South Africa during their winter (World Cup), I did notice some places I stayed at didn't have heating/air conditioning. Stone tiles in the winter are COLD!

Yeah its pretty cold. Most places dont have heating/air conditioning since most people in SA tough it out.