AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Hexa Core Processor

ok my current mobo is a MSI 770-C45 AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard just a quick question before i order it...

im looking at the AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Hexa Core Processor..... will this run on my mobo ok?

also as you are all wise old people. would there be a better option for gaming? for the same price

ok my current mobo is a MSI 770-C45 AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard just a quick question before i order it...

im looking at the AMD Phenom II X6 1075T Hexa Core Processor..... will this run on my mobo ok?

also as you are all wise old people. would there be a better option for gaming? for the same price

What processor are you currently using on that mobo?

Edited by feetfats

Here's your CPU Support list, if you're on the newest bios, then yes you can. What are you running now

Here's your CPU Support list, if you're on the newest bios, then yes you can. What are you running now

amd x2 black edition with 3rd core unlocked the 4th core runs unstable

well the cpu is on that list so all must be good..... iv'e never updated my bois before though that could go well or not so well, lol. bois is prob a year old now....well the mobo is anyway

Updating your BIOS isn't hard at all. Just follow MSI's instructions and all will be well. MSI gives you a couple alternatives for flashing, so pick the one you're most comfortable with.

As for me I prefer the old fashioned method of flashing from a floppy or USB drive instead of flashing from within the Windows environment, but to each their own.

Make sure all of your current BIOS settings are reset to default values before flashing (i.e. no overclocking)

Good luck on the processor upgrade.

Cheers.