AMD Phenom II 965

My question deals with the rig in my sig. I bought the Phenom II 965 to replace the 9850 in the comp. Tonight I flashed and updated to the newest bios. I rebooted to make sure it took and all went well. I then replaced the 9850 with the 965 and now I get nothing. Computer powers up but nothing comes up on monitor. I tried clearing the cmos and nothing. Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated.

That motherboard does not support that chip. Refer to this Link to get the cpu support list from Asus.com.

Sorry to say but I'm hoping you did not hurt either the chip or the set-up in the process.

Again I prove that I am kind of stupid...... sorry about that, as its obvious I picked the wrong board...

I remember I had an M3N-HT Hdmi that did that to me when I switch from a 940 to a 965. Try taking the battery out, Leave it alone for an hour, put everything to auto with said old chip in and try switching again. That's what I had to do... no guarantee it will work though.

Again I prove that I am kind of stupid...... sorry about that, as its obvious I picked the wrong board...

I remember I had an M3N-HT Hdmi that did that to me when I switch from a 940 to a 965. Try taking the battery out, Leave it alone for an hour, put everything to auto with said old chip in and try switching again. That's what I had to do... no guarantee it will work though.

Will do and thanks Boinker for replying.

chances are yes and hopefully that is the least of what it did. see if a friend of yours has a compatible mobo on hand for the Phenom and see if it posts at least. that would be one way to diagnose that issue. there are the odds you shorted everything in the same token.

Clean it and try it if you have not... not much to lose.. Does the old chip still work by chance?

chances are yes and hopefully that is the least of what it did. see if a friend of yours has a compatible mobo on hand for the Phenom and see if it posts at least. that would be one way to diagnose that issue. there are the odds you shorted everything in the same token.

Clean it and try it if you have not... not much to lose.. Does the old chip still work by chance?

Got the same results with the old chip as well. So I rma'd the board.