Sound System + A Sound Card

asus

i cant find a good sound card and system.. my limit for spending is 275 max for both.. So.. help me out!! o ya 5.1 <---- thats what i want.. 5.1 sorund sound!! :P

I went by way of creative on this one.

I got the audigy 2zs for $99 and the creative t7700 7.1 speakers for around $99 as well (if you shop around). The sound card and speakers are awsome. 5.1 was alright, but once you hear the 7.1 in a game such as call of duty you'll be spoiled and won't be able to deal with 5.1 :-)

well i have a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer and am going to buy the Creative Inspire 4.1 4400.. Got both for uunder $100, even though i dont got the speakers yet i think it will sound good..

I have the Creative Inspire 4400s right now with an old Creative PCI 512 card. the only downside I see to these speakers is the poor subwoofer. This setup is GREAT if you're tight on cash, but soon I will upgrade both the card and speakers. I am probably gonna buy a OEM Audigy 2 first, to see if the speakers really need to be upgraded. As for the subwoofer, when listening to music at high volumes the sub on this speaker combo dosent cut it. For its small size it does all right, but it comes to a point where you have to lower the bass to keep upping the overall volume <_< . I would try to find a system with some better bass.

I have something very similar to Mad Cow's setup.

I also have a Sound Blaster PCI512, but instead of creative speakers, i have the logitech z540s. also 4.1.

I love my sub. sometimes i even have to turn down the sub/bass when im watching movies.

whole setup for around 70 bucks total.

Edited by BROWNjello109