need to change my LOGIN pass on my router

Crawlerz246

this is going to sound sort of strange and ..... strange, but please bear with me, community.

I have a linksys wireless router giving the whole house internet. now to lock my baby bro out of some things (i.e. youtube) I created a profile for just that... now I think he has gotten into the password cuz he turned his internet on a few times. now regardless of the reason, here's what I need to accomplish - I need to change the login password to the router's page. not the security passphrase that my PCI card uses to connect, cuz I don't want to take the internet off the whole house. just the password that lets you login to change settings to 192.168.1.1

can I accomplish this wirelessly? because I'm a cripple I'm not gonna go diving under my dad's PC and removing the router to bring the whole thing over to my PC. wirelessly would be ideal.

I was googling but only saw changing the passphrase and resetting the router, which I don't want to do.

thatnks for answering, community.

yes you can...log into the router with the current log in and password and there is a tab/page that allows you to do this....

if you cant remember it then go to portforward.com and get it then change it....

can anyone be so kind as to provide a screenie? or better yet I'll do it

3976-001.png

if this is the page to change the LOGIN PASSWORD, it seems way too long to be my old password. or am I mistaken and this isn't it?

plz understand I do not wish to lock myself out of access to these settings.

you're welcome dude....nVidia basically said the same thing....

if you cannot log in at any time with teh new password then try the old one....you can reset it bacl to factory default via a hard reset....so if said person is smart enough to know the default password then chances are they know how to reset it...next step is lock up the router....