Corsair H70 cooling

alkanamo

100% load between 30 and 40 ?????? Imposiible... :doh:

Thats not impossible the proc is running at stock speed, you dont know what the ambient temp is, so how can you say it is impossible, and 32nm does run cooler than 45nm.

Edited by crazy8s846

Thats not impossible the proc is running at stock speed, you dont know what the ambient temp is, so how can you say it is impossible, and 32nm does run cooler than 45nm.

A 6 core i7 won't run 30-40 C full load with LinPack...it's just not possible on the H70. The H70 is barely better than the H50.

Are you using CoreTemp?

I hate to be a troll, but in theory that is possible just not plausible. Unless you have cores disabled then I seriously Doubt you can get anything to idle that low unless the thermal throttling features are on and the chip is beginning to go into C3 state.... But that does not explain the load temperatures. To answer your question properly what is the ambient temperature of your room. Looking up the temperature of where you live and the average temperatures there is, In my humble opinion, a Slim to none chance that these readings are correct. As the gentleman above are saying I would advise that you change your Temperature monitoring software to either realtemp, or core temp. They both work well and read accurately. Its just a matter of preference between the two.

And also one other trick. If you want to check the temperature against the Chips on board temp monitor go into the bio under hardware monitor, or cpu health.

Good luck, Overclock away.

I hate to be a troll, but in theory that is possible just not plausible. Unless you have cores disabled then I seriously Doubt you can get anything to idle that low unless the thermal throttling features are on and the chip is beginning to go into C3 state.... But that does not explain the load temperatures. To answer your question properly what is the ambient temperature of your room. Looking up the temperature of where you live and the average temperatures there is, In my humble opinion, a Slim to none chance that these readings are correct. As the gentleman above are saying I would advise that you change your Temperature monitoring software to either realtemp, or core temp. They both work well and read accurately. Its just a matter of preference between the two.

And also one other trick. If you want to check the temperature against the Chips on board temp monitor go into the bio under hardware monitor, or cpu health.

Good luck, Overclock away.

You know it might be because the TJ max is not set right, anyone know what the TJ max is for the 6 cores. Because if it is not set right it is not going to show right, no matter what he uses. Oh and when i lived in Alaska i would run 20c and 40 load on a E8500 OC past 4000 with 1.45 volts, my idle some times was 18c, load in the high 30s, I know its not a six core but good temp anyway. :popcorn:

Edited by crazy8s846

You know it might be because the TJ max is not set right, anyone know what the TJ max is for the 6 cores. Because if it is not set right it is not going to show right, no matter what he uses. Oh and when i lived in Alaska i would run 20c and 40 load on a E8500 OC past 4000 with 1.45 volts, my idle some times was 18c, load in the high 30s, I know its not a six core but good temp anyway. popcorn.gif

I don't want to be the devils advocate but the only way possible is super low ambients. Normal conditions it is not right. We need a screenie with core temp and a hour run of prime95. That will settle it.

Edited by Drdeath