Getting MORE SPEED!!!!!

SBSHammond

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right ive got 3.9ghz from 177 BCLK, 1.35v Vcore, and its stable at maximum 84c, is this all i can expect or are there any other tweeks i can make? Thanks.

Ya use 21x as multi. i7's do not like odd multi's

Right ive got 3.9ghz from 177 BCLK, 1.35v Vcore, and its stable at maximum 84c, is this all i can expect or are there any other tweeks i can make? Thanks.

I personally wouldn't be comfortable with my processor hitting 84C very often, but I'm assuming that's during stress testing. What are temps are you seeing during normal use (gaming, etc)?. What cooler are you using on your CPU?

I personally wouldn't be comfortable with my processor hitting 84C very often, but I'm assuming that's during stress testing. What are temps are you seeing during normal use (gaming, etc)?. What cooler are you using on your CPU?

that is during stress testing yeah, i thought it was a bit high too, ideally like it to be 75c ish or lower. I havent got a GPU at moment as theyve been sent back to SappireTech for replacement so running some crappy little thing in here for the moment. Ive got a Titan Fenrir CPU cooler, its pretty good but not water! ;)

What's considered as a reliable benchmark test for stability? Are 20 passes of LinX good enough? Or are 24hrs of Prime95 the best?

I managed to lower my Vcore to 1.34375 for 4.3ghz and 20 passes of LinX. I do wonder though, do you guys reckon that hitting 85c is too much on LinX? I wasn't sure whether I mounted my NH-D14 correctly since it was my first ever mounting. Idle temps are at 38c and ambients around 24c.

What's considered as a reliable benchmark test for stability? Are 20 passes of LinX good enough? Or are 24hrs of Prime95 the best?

I managed to lower my Vcore to 1.34375 for 4.3ghz and 20 passes of LinX. I do wonder though, do you guys reckon that hitting 85c is too much on LinX? I wasn't sure whether I mounted my NH-D14 correctly since it was my first ever mounting. Idle temps are at 38c and ambients around 24c.

85 is fine but I would not push any further. 20 passes at linx 25,000 problems is considered stable by most but Prime stresses a little harder. Pass 24 hours Prime95 and your stable baby for sure!

Everyone has a differant idea of what is stable, that would be up to you. Id say yes 20 passes is good, 12 hours on prime is good. 2 hours of OCCT and i would call it a day. Depends on who you are, and what you consider stable.