Xigmatek HDT-S1283 vs. CoolIT Domino A.L.C.

tkrow21

I want to prepare for the contest on Sunday, and I want to achieve my maximum overclock (I will even turn the A.C.'s all the way up, lol.

Anyway, which is better, the Xigmatek HDT-S1283 or the CoolIT Domino A.L.C.?

Probably the CoolIT

Xigmatek makes good heatsinks but they don't come anywhere near water-cooling temps. Coolit's products usually come to within 1 degree difference from a Noctua NH-D14 (or better, if it's bigger than the standard 120mm rad)

BTW I already own both products which is why I am asking, don't make any other suggestions.

Yea the ALC will be your best bet, however its the ECO ALC that comes close to the H50, the domino is the ECO's predecessor.

Edited by Reaper_88

Yea the ALC will be your best bet, however its the ECO ALC that comes close to the H50, the domino is the ECO's predecessor.

Ok thanks. Anything to give me a few extra megahertz lol.

Spent about 3 hours replacing the heatsinks and cleaning out my entire case, and had a few issues. The fan wouldn't line up for me to get the screws in, but it was incredibly close, so what I did was duck taped every angle of the damn thing to my case, and it's holding on amazingly.

As for the temperatures, they went down almost an entire 20 degrees Celcius under load. I am now hovering at 50 degrees while overclocked (@ 3.84GHZ, will go further for the competition) under 100% load (Prime95).

Man, the CoolIT Domino A.L.C. is amazing.

Edited by tkrow21