MOBO: Asus Rampage III

PSU: Chieftec 1200w

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 480 (SLI)

Settings:

Multiplier: 19x211

Vcore: 1.312

Cooling: CoolIT Systems ECO A.L.C

RAM: Corsair 6GB 1600MHz

When I run OCCT in high priority in 15 min I get max temps at 79-80 degrees.

Idle Temp Is 50 degrees.

Is this too much?

Anyone have any tips how to get the temps down a little.

I haven't touched any other settings in BIOS, they are on auto.

post-69132-1281979562918_thumb.jpg

Any help would be great :)

Edited by hawkin90

I will try to drop it. At 2.6 I got a BSOD everytime I ran OCCT.

I can try around 2.8 to see if it makes it a little better.

Ambient temps are 25+ getting damn warm in my room, soon there will be colder outside though, which mean better temps for me :)

But it seems like under high load in games it never goes over 75 degrees, so I guess that's a little better.

It's not like I ever use that much of the cpu as OCCT does, so maybe that test is a little over the top?

Edited by hawkin90

It's great to find the absolute maximum heat output - you'll never get near that in real world use. If you keep your max temp in OCCT/Linpack/IntelBurnTest below unsafe temps then you're sure to have a good stable OC. :)

Heya Hawkin,

I run a similar setup with a i7-930, a Rampage II Gene and a NH D-14 as cooling.

I'm currently on 4.2 Ghz with 200 x 21 multi, 36c idle and 80c at load. On hotter days or when my sister cooks the temps can hit 85c.

Vcore for this setup is at 1.35 and stable but I'd like my temps abit lower too.

I'm wondering bro, how'd u get your Vcore so low?Is it the multi perhaps?

Any lower for me and the screen blacks out and I have to do a full reboot to get it back up.

Cheers

Heya Hawkin,

I run a similar setup with a i7-930, a Rampage II Gene and a NH D-14 as cooling.

I'm currently on 4.2 Ghz with 200 x 21 multi, 36c idle and 80c at load. On hotter days or when my sister cooks the temps can hit 85c.

Vcore for this setup is at 1.35 and stable but I'd like my temps abit lower too.

I'm wondering bro, how'd u get your Vcore so low?Is it the multi perhaps?

Any lower for me and the screen blacks out and I have to do a full reboot to get it back up.

Cheers

Hey dude, yeah i think it's the multiplier. I got a BSOD and full reboot when I used a 21 multiplier with the same voltage, so I tried 19 and just upped the bclk and it worked like a charm.

Hehe yeah, ambient temps matter a lot. I think I will try to go a little higher when it gets colder outside :)

Tried to OC to 4.3Ghz last night...passed 20 trials of LinX at max but Windows crashed once it was done lol...

I guess 4.2Ghz is my max with my current cooling...gonna try dropping the multi to 19 and try hit 4.3 with it tonight hehe

Hey. I run a i7-930 @ 4GHz

MOBO: Asus Rampage III

PSU: Chieftec 1200w

GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 480 (SLI)

Settings:

Multiplier: 19x211

Vcore: 1.312

Cooling: CoolIT Systems ECO A.L.C

RAM: Corsair 6GB 1600MHz

When I run OCCT in high priority in 15 min I get max temps at 79-80 degrees.

Idle Temp Is 50 degrees.

Is this too much?

Anyone have any tips how to get the temps down a little.

I haven't touched any other settings in BIOS, they are on auto.

post-69132-1281979562918_thumb.jpg

Any help would be great :)

personly i go no higher then 70C but that is on my Xeons (xeons are Higher Quality chips)

I would find a way to lower them

other wise you will have "Fried cores inside"

Edited by punker

Yes. Today I backed it down to 3.8 GHz. I use my computer mainly for gaming, and there is like a 4-5 fps drop only in most games. Not exactly important with a SLI 480 GTX setup :P

I also got my vCore all the way down to 1.240 :D running stable under pressure with a max temp of 69 degrees (complete 100% usage) which no games use anyway, so I would say I'm good now :)