AMD Phenom ii x4, Overclocking Temps Help!

Zoso

Hey guys, I've overclocked my CPU to 4.0 Ghz, and did a Stability test for 5 Hours overnight and it passed, I have a Thermaltake Frio as the CPU Cooler, with both fans installed, and it hit 55 Degrees Celcius playing Bad Company 2, Is this okay? It idles around 36-40 Degrees Celcius.

That should be fine being that the thresh hold for the Phenom I CPU's is at 62C. IDK how you got to 4ghz with those tempppsss? What Voltage? I'm using a an NH-D14 and playing BC2 it hits like at low 50s. What Phenom II do you have? And also what did the temps peak at when you had it overnight?

That should be fine being that the thresh hold for the Phenom I CPU's is at 62C. IDK how you got to 4ghz with those tempppsss? What Voltage? I'm using a an NH-D14 and playing BC2 it hits like at low 50s. What Phenom II do you have? And also what did the temps peak at when you had it overnight?

The Voltage is at 1.5000v, And I have the Thermaltake Frio for the CPU Cooler, I have the Phenom ii x4 965 3.4 Ghz Factory. and the temps peaked at 55 Degrees.

Also, the case is opened for max airflow, and my room is about 75 Degrees if that effects anything.

thats very good IMO, im kinda jealous lol because my h50 is already running pretty hot at 1.400v

Edited by Shadowtroop

55 is too hot while gaming. The chip will degrdate faster at those temps. Just think what prime95 will be. I would run prime95 for 15 min and see what temps are..... I ran 1.6V with my watercooling at hit 50 under load and low 40's gaming. I would back the overclock down or maybe you do not have tim applied properly.

Edited by Drdeath