Considering Logitech or Razer Keyboard

Yeah, they're really over priced over here, but as I said in the opening post, I found a place selling it for $149

And uh, cheap keyboards are kinda crap. I've got a bunch of keyboards around here that just aren't cutting it at all. I have problems with pressing simultaneous keys and they're just unresponsive and loud and annoying. That's why I want to not scrape the bottom of the barrel and get something low end.

In addition to that I look at my keyboard. I adore having pretty things and things that fit into the visual scheme of the rest of my hardware. It may be petty and pretty damn silly but I'm a highly aesthetically oriented person. I've always loved graphic and interior design and things that go well together. I suppose it runs in the family, not long ago my mother opted to by a more expensive wireless router simply because it fit in with everything else. xD Coincidently it happened to be an all round better router and a pretty good deal. But she didn't have a clue.

The Steelseries look really plain and there is no way I can justify dropping $200 on a keyboard like that. $149 is already a pretty big stretch to be honest. :/

You gotta know what to shop for that's all. You can get a $20 keyboard that uses the same plastic materials a logitech keyboard uses. In addition to the extra features, you are mostly paying for a brand. Okay this makes me sound like a cheap person. To clarify, don't just buy a cheap keyboard because you can end up with a crappy keyboard that can give out in a few months, or the keys will fade. But if you do a little scavenging you can get a solid keyboard. Do a little more and you can find one that looks nice or matches your other accessories.

And while the steelseries might look plain, it's more of a performer than a looker. I guess you can say it's a "special" keyboard being that it's a mechanical keyboard. This is different from the inferior membrane keys because it gives you an accurate tactile feedback feel when you are typing/gaming. Also it does have the ability to have multiple keys pressed simultaneously for the gamers.

Now with that said, i did get the point that you are not into this type of keyboard but i was just pointing out that the 7g keyboard does have the features to outperform the better looking keyboards out there. But i totally understand if you want a more aesthetically pleasing keyboard. I understand where you're coming from. It's nice to have nice things. It's normal :)

Just to chime in on how everyone can relate to wanting nice things, personally i think this keyboard is pretty damn good looking. It has a brushed aluminum casing, and flat keys, really just makes it stand out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823219001

Enermax also has this other keyboard that uses an all silver aluminum casing. I like their keyboards if i were to spend a lot of cash on one. Microsoft is also another company that makes good looking keuyboards and are the ones i had in mind when it came to having a logitech look-a-like at a more reasonable price with equal to better durability/materials.

Edited by damian

Yeah, I just mentioned that two posts up, although not by name. Pretty pumped for that keyboard, shame the Black Widow is probably my least favourite spider. :/ Ah well, that probably doesn't matter a whole lot. :P

I noticed your post about it right after I typed mine. :lol: Woops, oh well. I think I'll wait to see what some reviews say before I purchase it, but it is very nice to know they are making a mechanical board.

I noticed your post about it right after I typed mine. :lol: Woops, oh well. I think I'll wait to see what some reviews say before I purchase it, but it is very nice to know they are making a mechanical board.

I just wish it looked as nice as the Lycosa. :/

I just wish it looked as nice as the Lycosa. :/

I kind of like it better than the Lycosa, though I'm not sold on the idea of 5 extra keys on the left side. Seems unnecessary imo but maybe that was a complaint of the Lycosa that Razer addressed, no extra keys for remapping.

Avoid the Lycosa if you are a serious gamer. The only good thing about it is that so many fail they never question your RMA. I ended up going threw 2 of them in 3 months and finally gave it to my wife. The 1st one was prone to the stutter/stop when pressing multiple keys at the same time and the 2nd one the keys would just pop off at the slightest touch. I love my Razer Mice and pads but will never buy another keyboard from them. I am currently on month 8 with my Logitech G15 and not one single issue yet. I would have went for the G19 but it was to long for my desktop with the Detructor mousepad next to it.

Edited by Bubbaxm2

You can't beat a solid, well made, clunky Cherry keyboard. Pick up any of the modern keyboards these days and there's nothing to them! :D

I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard for a while and when I finally ruined my logitech a couple days ago I bought a Cherry G80 with cherry MX brown's in it online. I can't wait for it to come in!