Considering Logitech or Razer Keyboard

Hi guys, I've been a Logitech guy up until now (picked up my headset cheap, and I like to have sets of things that compliment each other aesthetically >.<), I have the G35 headset and G9x gaming mouse. But I never ended up wasting the ridiculous money on the G19 keyboard because I just don't think it's worth it. Around here it's usually around $500AU

But I've found a place selling it for $149 and I thought, hell, my old keyboards being a pain in the butt and I'd really like some macro capability.

So the keyboards I was considering are the Razer Lycosa and Logitech G19

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/4956

http://au.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards/razer-lycosa-mirror/

Now, I'm not sure if this is possible, I've never used macros before but, among other things, I want to be able to press key like Q or E and have the keyboard automatically trigger the function for something that I currently have set to Shift and Alt. Basically I want to be able to lean, zoom in and hold my breath all in one button press rather then having to mash them all at once. I mean, there's a lot of other stuff I want to do macro wise, this is a comparatively small thing, but it's something that would be nice.

Now, I'm potentially in the market for a second set of input peripherals too. I move between places a lot and it's a pain to have to pack up all my gear. I'd rather just pick up my case and go. So, while this would only work while gaming in one place (unless I decide to replace the set at my other place too) I was considering getting the Razer Mamba. It just look absolutely gorgeous in my eyes, and I was thinking that the two buttons next to the left click would make fantastic alternatives for the lean buttons (and maybe macros for zooming and holding breath too)

Now, does anyone have any experience with any of the products I've mentioned? Anyone disgusted with the mamba and reccomend me picking up another G9x cheaply for my second set? Or love/hate either the Lycosa or G19? Are the macros I talked about possible on either keyboard or the mamba?

Thanks,

visagepoissons

Although, they are just keyboards.. I've never had any experience with the Logitech one, but my bud has the lycosa, and I would say that it has great feel to it. Your decision!

I had a razer lycosa and after a while a lot of keys stopped working. Kind of an important aspect to stop working. Also the backlights didn't care what you set them to so if they whether they were set to off or on or WASD the next time you started the computer it would be wrong

I had a razer lycosa and after a while a lot of keys stopped working. Kind of an important aspect to stop working. Also the backlights didn't care what you set them to so if they whether they were set to off or on or WASD the next time you started the computer it would be wrong

O.o That doesn't sound good. Maybe you got a dud? Did you take it back for a refund or to get it replaced?

@Zoso I wouldn't say that they're just keyboards. I'm pretty picky about my keyboards, the one I'm using at the moment feels pretty bad and I have problems with multiple key presses not working. It's loud as too.

I'm currently using a Logitech G11 and I think its pretty awesome (G15 First Rev. minus LCD). I don't have lots of use for the extra 18 "G-Keys" but I know quite a few that use them. I also know several people who have the G15 (Both Rev.) and they really love them. No need to get the G19 if you can just get one of said keyboards.

I'm currently using a Logitech G11 and I think its pretty awesome (G15 First Rev. minus LCD). I don't have lots of use for the extra 18 "G-Keys" but I know quite a few that use them. I also know several people who have the G15 (Both Rev.) and they really love them. No need to get the G19 if you can just get one of said keyboards.

The g15 is only $4 cheaper then the G19 where I'm shopping. :/ They do have the G110 too, so I guess that's another option as well.

i have a G110 very happy with it and the keys lights up like the razer in red or blue and everything in between great feel to it also the key clicks are almost inaudible there's a USB port in the back great for your mouse receiver and a headset/mic plug :)

Hey logitech isnt the only Keyboard out there... who looks at their keyboard when gaming anyway.

Check this one.... ive owned it for a month and it is badazz.... lights up in three different colors for your preference. All Keys programable except Z.

Steel Series

Damn you're getting hustled!

Its only 198 here:

http://www.mwave.com.au/productdetail.asp?CartID=mAU@SEDZR6YS29XXOO7EM5J5MX6XWS53J7FJGOZ1GHN3QBL8DP&sku=24020279

I agree with kwok though. Why on earth anyone would pay more than $50 for a keyboard is absurd! The only one worthy of that much pay is probably the Steelseries 7g for its mechanical keys. But even then, you could find a cheap IBM model M keyboard on ebay that would be a better value.

i have a G110 very happy with it and the keys lights up like the razer in red or blue and everything in between great feel to it also the key clicks are almost inaudible there's a USB port in the back great for your mouse receiver and a headset/mic plug :)

+1 on that. No screen like G19 but got plenty of programmable keys.

Damn you're getting hustled!

Its only 198 here:

http://www.mwave.com.au/productdetail.asp?CartID=mAU@SEDZR6YS29XXOO7EM5J5MX6XWS53J7FJGOZ1GHN3QBL8DP&sku=24020279

I agree with kwok though. Why on earth anyone would pay more than $50 for a keyboard is absurd! The only one worthy of that much pay is probably the Steelseries 7g for its mechanical keys. But even then, you could find a cheap IBM model M keyboard on ebay that would be a better value.

Yeah, they're really over priced over here, but as I said in the opening post, I found a place selling it for $149

And uh, cheap keyboards are kinda crap. I've got a bunch of keyboards around here that just aren't cutting it at all. I have problems with pressing simultaneous keys and they're just unresponsive and loud and annoying. That's why I want to not scrape the bottom of the barrel and get something low end.

In addition to that I look at my keyboard. I adore having pretty things and things that fit into the visual scheme of the rest of my hardware. It may be petty and pretty damn silly but I'm a highly aesthetically oriented person. I've always loved graphic and interior design and things that go well together. I suppose it runs in the family, not long ago my mother opted to by a more expensive wireless router simply because it fit in with everything else. xD Coincidently it happened to be an all round better router and a pretty good deal. But she didn't have a clue.

The Steelseries look really plain and there is no way I can justify dropping $200 on a keyboard like that. $149 is already a pretty big stretch to be honest. :/