I'm now a believer...

Waco

I see a lapped CPU in there!

Probably helps the temps even more. :P

Looks good dude, glad to hear of such an improvement. Sounds like me when I got my CCF.. dropped the idle temps by 15 C and the load by 20 C. :lol:

Good choice of cooler. I've been nothing but impressed with my Megahalems, both the original and the Revision B. It's running my Q9550 at 4.0GHz with respectable temps even in Intel Burn Test. Had to crank the voltage a little more when I stopped using LLC and the voltage increase didn't translate into more than a 1 degree Celsius rise in temps. Definitely a capable cooler and able to handle more than I can throw at it. Seems a good choice for any 775/AM2 quad-core as well as a stout performer when used to cool 1156 and 1366 CPUs. Have fun!

Yo Bizzle when you say respectable, what kind of temps numerically do you mean?? I want to compare to my near 4.0ghz Q9450

Yo Bizzle when you say respectable, what kind of temps numerically do you mean?? I want to compare to my near 4.0ghz Q9450

Chip's running 471 FSB x 8.5 Multiplier and max temps I see after 15 runs of Intel Burn Test are 66 64 55 67 with Core Temp. Of course those temps vary during testing. That's during the summer, as well. Winter time 65 seems to be about max. Needless to say Prime/OCCT temps run much lower, in the 55-56 range. All temps are Celsius, of course. Voltage as read with CPU-Z in Windows is 1.296V. Can't remember exactly what I've got it set to in BIOS, 1.31 or 1.32 I believe.

I'm also running only a single fan at about 1800 RPM, a SFD-B Scythe if I remember correctly. Considered using a push-pull configuration, but honestly, I'm not trying to push the chip past 4.0 GHz so I see no need. By the time I need something more than a quad-core CPU running at 4.0 GHz I will have already upgraded.