Xfire bought out by new owners.

Avinexis

I use xfire to record videos.

It's a lot easier than paying for one of the countless other programs out there that do the exact same thing.

So yeah, I hope they don't break it. :/

Use to use Xfire to maintain logs of how much I played. Only recently started using it again when SCII was released. It's changed a lot over the years, and I'm not sure I like the UI. Also been playing with Raptr which isn't bad. It was created by an Xfire co-founder who left after MTV bought Xfire years ago.

Not sure yet what to think of the Titan Gaming acquisition. Sounds like they plan on focusing on games... i just hope they clean up the UI.

Use to use Xfire to maintain logs of how much I played. Only recently started using it again when SCII was released. It's changed a lot over the years, and I'm not sure I like the UI. Also been playing with Raptr which isn't bad. It was created by an Xfire co-founder who left after MTV bought Xfire years ago.

Not sure yet what to think of the Titan Gaming acquisition. Sounds like they plan on focusing on games... i just hope they clean up the UI.

I signed up for Raptr roughly a month ago because I'm a GameSpot user and it links to Raptr to display achievements. I find the Raptr site and client a lot more cumbersome than Xfire though. The only benefit it has over Xfire is the tracking of achievements, console gaming, and the ability to manually input hours. But it lacks the screenshot and video capturing that Xfire has, which are big pluses in my book. I don't record that many videos, but I love taking screenshots.

I signed up for Raptr roughly a month ago because I'm a GameSpot user and it links to Raptr to display achievements. I find the Raptr site and client a lot more cumbersome than Xfire though. The only benefit it has over Xfire is the tracking of achievements, console gaming, and the ability to manually input hours. But it lacks the screenshot and video capturing that Xfire has, which are big pluses in my book. I don't record that many videos, but I love taking screenshots.

A lot of games I play anymore have built in screenshot capture usually mapped to printscreen. One less key than Xfire's Scroll Lock + S. :P

However for what it is worth the "Xfire video codec" REALLY wasn't that good quality at least on any of the videos that I've seen using it.

I've got some amazing videos recorded with that codec. Quality-wise anyway. My CPU isn't the fastest around, but I think it's actually really damn good. What you need to remember is that a lot of users have crappy PC's, and don't know how to even activate sound recording in their videos :P

A lot of games I play anymore have built in screenshot capture usually mapped to printscreen. One less key than Xfire's Scroll Lock + S. :P

I remapped to - plus \, but in any case, it's not a matter of simply being able to take screenshots, but having a common repository, as well as having them accessible online.