Whats the best air cooler I can get for my system?

Xardas

Thanks for the fast reply, I will maybe order Thermaltake Frio now, money is not a problem btw. I would like to see more replys on what cooler I should get.

Btw are you sure Thermaltake Frio fits my mobo cause the chipset thing is pretty high on the 750i mobo, so I thought it can maybe crash.

Prolimatech Megahalems. Performs very well in my experience particularly if you use Noctua Fans like I do.

Edited by dihartnell

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What fans were used in our review of the Super Mega?? It said generic ones and yet it still threw a beatin' to the other coolers (and Waco had found out the plain Megas is better)

Then again comparing the two reviews manually between the D14 and the Super Mega, the D14 got better temps (even though you weren't overclocked as high as airman's review) I'm sure it'd be maybe 2 to 3 more degrees higher max (which would still be cooler)

72F room 4.2 GHz 1.375v and temps stay below 70 running prime 95 blend test over 24 hours. I have not tested any coolers can do that with the voltage used and still stay silent much less with a couple of High CFM (noise) beasts strapped onto the faces in a push pull configuration.

Just get the Thermaltake Frio its almost as good as the NH-D14 and u save money and space.

It really depends on the thermal load. Don't get me wrong the FRIO is a great performer just when you up the thermal load you reach the capacity of many of the top heat sinks sooner than you do with the NH-D14.

The problem lies in the fact that you can load coolers up with the latest high CFM high static pressure fans you have what amounts to the noise you get with a hair drier in your case or you can go silent with some fans rated for about 70CFM and have a dead silent solution. On both counts I take the NH-D14. The noctua fans are a higher static pressure design and are incredibly quiet.