Whats the best air cooler I can get for my system?

Xardas

So I as see it on the replys I stand between the Thermaltake Frio and Prolimatech Megahalems, to get the best air cooler for my system and to manage to have my q6600 on 3,6 ghz without heat problems.

So what should I really pick between those two?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sucks because neither is compared side by side but you can see compare them tab to tab (well when referring to dual fan performance)

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/17486-prolimatech-megahalems-cpu-cooler-review-9.html

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/32294-thermaltake-frio-cpu-cooler-review-13.html

As you see though, stock to stock (as in no fancy fan configuration) the Mega wins, and wins harder with two fans

The V8 is a very good cooler, i have it on a i5 750 @ 4Ghz without any problem, it has a manual fan speed control and even on high is really quiet and it looks really good.

Of course if you can get something better maybe you should, but i think the V8 can do the job just fine.

The V8 is a very good cooler, i have it on a i5 750 @ 4Ghz without any problem, it has a manual fan speed control and even on high is really quiet and it looks really good.

Of course if you can get something better maybe you should, but i think the V8 can do the job just fine.

I think they need to bring down the price, there are better coolers for less IMHO

You really should see the past threads by those disappointed with the V8 asking what could do the job better. It's an OK cooler with some clever marketing, not a top performer by far. Is it the "best air cooler" like the thread's title asks? No.

Im running a Frio on a core i7 extreme @3.9ghz and i couldnt be happier with it. In a 80 F room running prime 95 temps hit 65C, normal usage intensive tasks i might see 50C, for the most part temps stay at 33-35C

Im running a Frio on a core i7 extreme @3.9ghz and i couldnt be happier with it. In a 80 F room running prime 95 temps hit 65C, normal usage intensive tasks i might see 50C, for the most part temps stay at 33-35C

Yeah the Frio or the Megahalems are the best around I think.

Absolute best: Megahalems

Second best but a little cheaper: Frio

can't find that spire one anywhere

(still awesome how well the Core Contact does and it's priced much cheaper than the others)

yea i couldnt find the spire either. Still in order to be able to beat the Megahelms as well as the D-14 (well according to the site anyways) seems pretty impressive.

yea i couldnt find the spire either. Still in order to be able to beat the Megahelms as well as the D-14 (well according to the site anyways) seems pretty impressive.

Yeah but then again these are only for AM2 and 775, they may spread better or worse on a 1366

The NH-D14 exhibits the same behavior as the megahalems.when the thermal load increases. Its not that they get better its that the load capacity is higher when compared to other heatsinks there fore it does not fall off as quick. Now the comparison I want to see is the megahalems with the same fans used on the NH- D14 instead of some high CFM fans and calling it an even comparison.