Overclocking

n00bSki//z

Ok, so i have been going to school for about 1 yr know to get my mcsa and hopefully maybe my mcse, but i havent dived into much of the hardware overclocking, and am farely new to this, so considering that there alot of hardware gurus out there on these forums i though i would ask a few questions.

So i have an Athalon Xp 2400+ currently running at 1.94 mhz, and i would like to OC it to about at 2.4 or 2.5 if that is too high plz tell me, if not then awsome.

Oh and I have learned that i have to unlock the chip and am a little worried that im going to mess up my chip, i have read little about on how to unlock my chip and and still relucktant to try to do so, so any sugestions on how to go about OCing my CPU the right and safest way would be great.

Take a look at my sig to see what a 2400+ can do. Mine is an AIUHB, if you care to know. It still has some headroom to go, too, but I'm not sure how much further my cheap pc3200 will go. Also, you don't need to unlock your processor because you have an nforce2 motherboard. Just go into the bios and change it.

Remember that high fsb speed is preferable to high clock speed, to a certain extent. Also, I don't know about your setup, but my a7n8x deluxe and 2400+ won't use 10x or 10.5x for a multiplier. It just won't post. 9.5x and below work just fine, and 11x to 12.5x work fine.

Woah, don't use that thermal epoxy on your cpu. That's for your video card ramsinks or something, right? Just checking...I recommend ceramique for the cpu. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

BeatRyder: What week is your cpu? Like you said, it's probably one of the "new" locked cpus.