High Agp Bus Speed

bkdog411

I have a 1700+ TBRED B with on a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 Mb 256mb pc2700 mem. When i raise the fsb the agp bus speed goes very high is this damaging my video card? Also is this board any good for OCing.

im not positive but ive herd from around these forums that agp video cards go a little haywire when that happens.i dont know what they meen by haywire nore do i know if this is true as i have had no experience with it happening to me.

ok heres what you do. in the bios there should be an option to lock your agp or pci settings, locking either will lock both. lock your agp at 66mhz and your pci at 33mhz. then if you go in incriments over 33mhz in an oc, your card wont go wacko.

i also suggest getting more ram, you board, however, has a via chipset (correct?) which is inferior to NF2 ultra chipsets as far as oc'n goes, you'll be able to oc, just not that much, and it may not be as stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the dividers line up so that at every "standard" fsb speed (100, 133, 166, 200) the pci/agp clocks are correct. I agree with the other guys...try to keep your fsb speeds at, or very close to, these standard values.