Horizontal Flickering On Black Backgrounds

Hey everyone..

I'm back to ask a question ive tried to get answered multiple times, and found nothing..

Basically, my monitor has a strange horizontal "flicker" , it looks as if white lines are moving down my monitor. It only happens (or is only noticeable) on darker colors.

Now, in games, such as GTA IV, you can see it clearly. Enabling V-Sync doesnt completely eliminate it, but it makes it significantly better.

Im running a Nvidia GTX 260 with the latest drivers. I have replaced the video card once, and the previous card had the same issue. I also encounter this issue when i plug in my spare video card the radeon H4350

The monitor is an Acer 22" Widescreen LCD with a resolution of 1680 x 1050

So.. any ideas?

well it does it with both video cards so I would think it is the cable or the monitor

Do a little test. With VSync enabled, go from low to high refresh rates to see if it makes a difference. If there is still flickering with all the refresh rates, try a different cable.

Do a little test. With VSync enabled, go from low to high refresh rates to see if it makes a difference. If there is still flickering with all the refresh rates, try a different cable.

It always stays at 59Hertz, when i try to change it to 60 it goes to 60, applies, then when i go to options again its still at 59

Triple buffering doesnt help

Oh and are you plugged in via DVI or VGA?

The videocard is DVI, with an included DVI to VGA component. The actual cable that connects to the monitor is VGA.

The monitor however has a DVI port. Do you think if i just used a DVI cable this problem would be gone?

To be honest. I would definitely plug in via DVI. It has a much better output volume thus a better picture. And it might easily fix your problem. They should sell them at pretty much any computer store!