Come one come all and laugh with or at me!

PaNewb

i bought a HP P6210Y, gutted it and put a Antec Earth Watts 650 watt PSU, I Bought 8G of Ram Corsair i think they have heat sinks, i put in a Nvidia GTS 250, and put it in a Antec case. I wanted to change the mobo and not the CPU or the memory without reinstalling windows, i guess i can't.

So i looked into Nvidias Control panel option as a tool to tweak my syatem, i know that im not overclocking but after pushing my CPU to 861.5Mhz why isnt my system crashing? and should i keep pushing?

I ran a benchmark test and CSS and everything has been good so far. I know going from 2.6 to 2.8 isnt anything special but i was told you cant do crap with a stock mobo.

2.6 to 2.8 is not much... Normally, an Athlon II X4 620 would do at least 3.3 on stock voltages. So I would expect a bit less than that considering your mobo is OEM...

Good luck :)

Are you using AMD Overdrive? I can't imagine an OEM computer with an unlocked bios O.o

If so check your temps and give her hell.

One thing to remember is that if you keep going up on the core speed that stock mobo might not be up to the demand and crap out on you. It's not like Athlon x4's are power hungry but I am thinking an overclock to say 3.2ghz would put you are around 115watts of power. I am not sure the stock cooling fan can handle that either.

No, i am using Nvidias Performance Control Panel, i looked into the forum and how this site overclocked it. I matched exactly what they did, and even with stock cooling i still was below 70 degree threshold. Using Everest Ultimate for everything as a monitoring tool. Now im having problems getting it to load my daved profile overclocked, all i did was dropped the HT multpiler to 9 and pushed the CPU to 241Mhz and that increased me to a STABLE 3.1Ghz and 799 on DDR2 memory.

AMD overdrive does not work on my PC cause my chipset is not 7 series which is BS its a 720.