Overclocking Help

Hi Everyone.

Well I have finnally got my new pc together.

CPU: AMD 1090t

MOBO: Asus Crosshair IV Formula

RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 2x4gig 2000MHz 9-9-9-27

GPU: HIS 5870

Anyways very happy so far the 1090t sit at 11 degrees on all six cores at idle and about 20 degrees on all six cores at full load stock. Now I want to overclock I have read many overclocking articals and tryed a bit on my Q6600 so i have a fair idea on what i am doing. Anyways I have read the Asus manual and im a bit lost compared to the Gigabyte p45 i had. So I was wondering if someone can clear a few thing up for me.

1.First when i set the tuner to D.O.C.P the only PCIE setting disappears. This is a bit concering because on the P45 if you did not set the PCIE manually it would increase proportionaly will your overclock. So I assume this is not the case and it is automatically set for you?

2. Once again when i set the tuner to D.O.C.P I can't seem to find the CPU to Dram divider is this non existant on AMD boards or am i just blind?

I think that is all for now. If I think of anything else I just add it to this.

Cheers Massimo

Thanks for the help. But it didn't really help.

But on the bright side i figured out my problems and have got her up to 4250mhz stable at a 15min prime 95 test. I will be running a 12 hour whis weekend.

Once she is stable my next goal will be getting full use of my ram. Currently the ram is at 1600mhz with the cpu at 200mhz with a 21.5 multi. I want to try and run the cpu at 300mhz with a 14 multi so i can get the ram to 2000mhz.

Ill let you all know if i succed at this and post my results.

Cheers Massimo.

Anyways very happy so far the 1090t sit at 11 degrees on all six cores at idle and about 20 degrees on all six cores at full load stock.

Is your room temp below freeze point or what?

Anyways very happy so far the 1090t sit at 11 degrees on all six cores at idle and about 20 degrees on all six cores at full load stock.

There is only one DTS for the cores not one for each core. And presently no utility properly reads the value reported by the core DTS. If on air or water add 30 - 40 degrees to the loaded value and you will be close to the correct temperature.