My new single-stage phase change

But at what price? :ph34r::lol: I think $350 for the single-stage was pretty reasonable. I didn't really want to pay around $1k for a dual-stage, which would make my dewar unuseful...

Haha I didn't think about that. I guess it would make it freeze in just a few minutes...

I'm still looking for a cheap dewar :/

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That shouldn't be hard to do, my board was crap to say the least. Nice looking unit, have fun with it... :thumbsup:

Yeah but still you were at 5.35GHz which I cannot reach...

I'm still looking for a cheap dewar :/

Even then it would cost me $500 to make the switch, and furthermore, LN2 still performs better.

Yeah but still you were at 5.35GHz which I cannot reach...

Even then it would cost me $500 to make the switch, and furthermore, LN2 still performs better.

Yeah I want to play with ln2 badly...currently I'm stuck on DICE...

Yeah if you want to go all the way extreme LN2 is the right way to go. Phase cooling again is nice since it gives you cold by the flip of a switch also it less stressful to bench CPU and GPUs once you have it dialed in etc. Imagine you would have -115C ready by the flip of a switch. :D:cheers:

this makes me want to get 1 for everyday use :)

I personally wouldn't use one for everyday use, some people do though, there noisy, use electricity like having another air conditioner in your home. Its just not worth it to me, my i7 on water at 4.2Ghz will do anything I need to do.

I personally wouldn't use one for everyday use, some people do though, there noisy, use electricity like having another air conditioner in your home. Its just not worth it to me, my i7 on water at 4.2Ghz will do anything I need to do.

Yeah, according to the Kill-A-Watt, it pulls around 800W. The floor get hot quite rapidly with a heater of more than 1kW! (PC+SS)

Also, here's the OCCT 1h. It's a bit lower than what I had expected. Clearly, the load was too much for the SS; the temperature went a bit over -20oC. Even the outgoing flow from the radiator was quite hot... I imagine that with a larger radiator, it would be able to hold its temps better?

Yeah, according to the Kill-A-Watt, it pulls around 800W. The floor get hot quite rapidly with a heater of more than 1kW! (PC+SS)

Also, here's the OCCT 1h. It's a bit lower than what I had expected. Clearly, the load was too much for the SS; the temperature went a bit over -20oC. Even the outgoing flow from the radiator was quite hot... I imagine that with a larger radiator, it would be able to hold its temps better?

Get one of those house box fans and blow on it, it helps my cascade helping to cool the compressor and all....