Xfx Radeon 4870 Overclock.

Yea, I've noticed that since it's started to get hot outside, my CPU temp has gone 10'C.]

I was wondering today about the incident with the biosflash...I know that I used to be able to do it super easy. All I did was format a floppy with ms-dos with the windows floppy format tool, then added atiflash and the bios..and I was good to go, and it worked each time. Now...it doesn't boot into dos with a floppy, and I need to disconnect my hard disks so that it recognizes the USB... As for the bios...I know that something is wrong with the actual file because I used an old bios backup I had made and it worked along with all the other overclocking bioses that I saved...tho the new one doesn't work and + it's not even that high...it's a lower OC than the ones I did before and they worked although failed the stress tests. So I'm thinking it's either the new version of RBE or GPU-Z since that's what I use, although shouldn't new version make these programs better? And I'd like to also fix the floppy not being recognized on start up... I don't like using the USB...or having to disconnect my HDDs each time.

Any techniques you guys use to flash your bios would be appreciated. Thx.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm thinking it's either the new version of RBE or GPU-Z since that's what I use,

I remember reading that some of the Bios files were 1Mb rather than the previous 512Kb and that some tools will accept the 1Mb file

but only flash the first half to the card.

Which is bad.

So since bricking and resurecting My Sapphire 4870 (reference design) I have not strayed into flashing them again.

It's annoying me because when I think...how am I going to overclock my new GPU whenever I get one? It's a really crappy situation...maybe I should have saved my old flashing software instead of downloading this new stuff.