Titan Fenrir V2 Changing the fan???

Vmale

Hey guys!Waiting for my new build(In Sig.) as i am to oc my cpu i obviously want too keep it as cool as possible.Im considering buying 2 Noctua fans for a Push/Pull config,(i know Fenrir only supports one fan but thats no problem,) question is that is it worth it?Noctua fans are more quiet and i would have a p/p setup.Fenrirs one fan has a higher static pressure but more louder.....what do you guys think???

Fenrirs Fan is rated at 0,11 inches(2,76mm) H20 of static pressure/78,41 CFM/39 db(actually acc. to reviews its louder,maybe 45-48 full speed)

Noctua NF12-P is rated at 0.0394 inches(1,68mm) H20 of static pressure/55 CFM/20db

Edited by Vmale

I cant find what exactly an "SF12-P" is, but if you can find a 157CFM airflow fan that runs at 20db, buy as many as they have in stock and fill your case with them! Also, tell me where to get them :D

It depends on how loud your surrounding are, and how loud you game I guess... I would personally go for the higher CFM fan, maybe hooked up to a fan controller. Sure the Noctua is quiet, but who cares??

To h**l with noise,ordered 2 Ultra kaze 3000's and fan controller,just have to ghetto mod the second fan to the Hsf!REALLY high static pressure&flow on those bad boys! :evilgrin:

To h**l with noise,ordered 2 Ultra kaze 3000's and fan controller,just have to ghetto mod the second fan to the Hsf!REALLY high static pressure&flow on those bad boys! :evilgrin:

Ok, I don't know if you are aware how loud 90db actually is, I strongly advise a fan controller. They will cool it, but man are they overkill.

I may have misread the sound levels for these, 45dB isn't so bad. Think of it like a hand held vacuum cleaner.

Edited by gabrieltessin

Ok, I don't know if you are aware how loud 90db actually is, I strongly advise a fan controller. They will cool it, but man are they overkill.

Checked a few videos on youtube,imagine it aint the same irl but i did order a Scythe fan controller for that reason! I will post pics/oc results as soon as i get my parts & start assembling!

As I recently learned, you dont add decibel levels. Having two 45dB fans will put you up around 50dB, not 90db. Its because its a logarithmic scale, blah blah math and science blah. But ya... 50 dB isnt that bad, especially if you have a fan controller and speakers as you game.

As I recently learned, you dont add decibel levels. Having two 45dB fans will put you up around 50dB, not 90db. Its because its a logarithmic scale, blah blah math and science blah. But ya... 50 dB isnt that bad, especially if you have a fan controller and speakers as you game.

Lol I know that, I was reading a review for them and misread the dB rating for them. I was like "holy crap that has to be the loudest thing ever". Never mind me, but it would be neat if sound worked that way, 45dB per fan time 6 fans equals death from sound pressure :D