AMD GPU CLOCK settings?

so i'm kinda new to using amd gpu clock tool and i was wondering if there's a way i can save my clock settings without setting it everytime before i play a game? i tried searching the web already but no luck

so i'm kinda new to using amd gpu clock tool and i was wondering if there's a way i can save my clock settings without setting it everytime before i play a game? i tried searching the web already but no luck

My bad GPU not CPU.... Download GPUtool.

Edited by Drdeath

Are you talking about the video card or the processor?

The ATI control pannel?

Oh, it would also help to know what model of card/processor you are trying to OC and driver version (if your talking about the video card).

You can use EVGA precision for your card. You could have several different profiles saved.

Check your stability. Like 3DMark, PCMark, 3DMark06

i have a ATI 5850 and i'm using AMD GPU CLOCK TOOL for changing the gpu clock and memory speeds, but the problem is when i restart the computer it goes back to the default settings which is gpu 725/1000 mem so i was wondering if there was a way that it would save my settings at gpu 800/1200 mem and not have to set it everytime i restart my computer

You can use EVGA precision for your card. You could have several different profiles saved.

Check your stability. Like 3DMark, PCMark, 3DMark06

yeah i use 3d mark vantage to test my stability but i don't think i can use EVGA precision to save profiles for my Ati card can i ??

There are certain programs that let you save profiles with custom clock speeds like the ATITool wihch I don't think supports these newer cards...I know it doesn't mine so even less your's. There's also Riva Tuner and so on. These programs will load a saved profile for your on start up...n stuff like that.

I wouldn't suggest using this kind of overclocking method though. It's always much better to find your card's real overclcked speeds by doing some tests n stuff, then flashing the BIOS with an updated version of the new clocks which would make the changes permanent. There is much more to this but what I said is the just of it.

Edited by ballist1x

There are certain programs that let you save profiles with custom clock speeds like the ATITool wihch I don't think supports these newer cards...I know it doesn't mine so even less your's. There's also Riva Tuner and so on. These programs will load a saved profile for your on start up...n stuff like that.

I wouldn't suggest using this kind of overclocking method though. It's always much better to find your card's real overclcked speeds by doing some tests n stuff, then flashing the BIOS with an updated version of the new clocks which would make the changes permanent. There is much more to this but what I said is the just of it.

yeah i used to use Riva Tuner on my old 4770 but i hear for the 5850 ppl are saying to use the ATI GPU TOOL for the clock speeds and MSI Afterburner which is from the ppl who made Riva Tuner for fan speeds which i'm using but i don't get why afterburner doesn't let you change the clock speeds its just annoying setting my clocks speeds to my preferred settings each time i restart my computer