new keyboard and mouse

rmb938

Hi, I am looking for a new keyboard and mouse. I am willing to spend about $100 on the keyboard. The mouse I would just like suggestions because I am not looking to get a new one just yet. I have a old dell keyboard from my dell pc. I know fail xD. Anyway I am looking for a full size keyboard with all normal button sizes because I know some keyboards try and shrink them. I would also like it to have a few macro keys that you can program to have a key repeat a number of times. And maybe a blue blacklight to match my case LEDS but I am not really worried about that. Now for the mouse I know nothing about mice so any fast gaming mouse is fine. I perfer wireless since I have a wireless one right now. The keyboard I would like wired. Thanks :D

For a keyboard, I would recommend the Saitek Eclipse or the Saitek Eclipse II if you don't mind spending a little more money. I have the first keyboard and love it. As for macro keys, I would say just find a program to do it and use a normal keyboard, unless you know for sure that you want and will use those macro keys, but in my opinion they are just a gimmick to raise the price, kind of like anti-ghosting keys or windows key lock out, things that really aren't that useful.

As for mice, I personally just bought a nice wireless Microsoft Mouse and have to say it is the best mouse I have ever owned. It's not really a gaming mouse but I find I enjoy games more with it than any other mouse I have owned, and I had a razer copperhead before it, but the copperhead is just a plain terrible mouse. I'm not sure if Logitech has any wireless gaming mice but I would recommend Logitech be the first brand to look through, a lot of people seem to really like their gaming mice and I personally have used about 3 different mice from logitech and loved them all.

Ok thanks for the info. I have a regular logitech wireless mouse right now. But its from like 2004 and the wireless cuts off and the buttons stick lol. I will take a look at the Saitek I have a joystick from them for flight sim and didn't realize they make keyboards as well.

Edit: I was looking at Saitek at the Eclipse and Eclipse II and I don't really like the multi color layout with black and gray. I found on newegg though the eclipse III for $80 thats all black since you can remove the palm rest. Has anyone taken a look at that?

I was going to go with a Razar keyboard a few months ago but my friend said he had one and he knows someone who has one they said it broke or something convincing not to get it because of a bad experience. But if enough people recommend razar I will look into that also.

Edited by rmb938

My Razer tarantula has been ging Solid for the past year, no problems. I Als bought the battlelight for it, usefull for those night time Gaming Sessions :)

Also using a Razer Lachesis mouse, no problems with that either. It took a while to get used to the shape though, but now i can use it comfortably Left or Right handed :)

i have a Razer Lycosa and i love it, it has the blue backlight that you are looking for and the drivers allow you to make macros out of any of your keys (have not tried it myself). It is a very nice looking keyboard and i find it easy to type with, unlike other keyboards i have encountered. i have not yet encountered any problems with it and i have had it since january. i would recomend it

i also have a Razer Deathadder mouse and it works wonderfully. it takes some time to get used to its size and feel but it works perfectly for games (MW2,BFBC2,TF2,and more) i find that the sensitivity is hard to get used to while not in game but the settings are adjustable with the drivers, there is even a button on the mouse for on the fly changes. i believe they make a wireless model as well.

Edited by Shadowtroop