M4A79 Deluxe and 1090t

SDIS300

I got a 1090t yesterday and updated the bios. The bios shows the cpu correctly, but the cpu doesn't accept the changes to the multiplier but does accept the changes to the htt. I've cleared the cmos and changed the bios back to defaults and tried again and nothing. Any ideas?

So i'm assuming that you're running the Asus MBA32-MVP Deluxe, correct? The latest bios that i see on the Asus site is 0701 which was put up @2007. Which bios were you running before the flash? So you're trying to overclock it already? It can run at stock settings correct?

So i'm assuming that you're running the Asus MBA32-MVP Deluxe, correct? The latest bios that i see on the Asus site is 0701 which was put up @2007. Which bios were you running before the flash? So you're trying to overclock it already? It can run at stock settings correct?

He is running M4A79 Deluxe(Think Dynamic missed it on title to thread) and a bios update like Dynamic said should work. Go to Asus website and set the latest bios. They have a bios utility tool you can update it from Windows.

Edited by Drdeath

He is running M4A79 Deluxe(Think Dynamic missed it on title to thread) and a bios update like Dynamic said should work. Go to Asus website and set the latest bios. They have a bios utility tool you can update it from Windows.

I have the latest Bios and will try it again and see if it works but I'm thinking that it may not work as this would be the 3rd time flashing it. And it does run as stock speeds and correctly identifies the cpu in the bios.

Edited by SDIS300

I flashed it in the bios. I took your advice also and posted on asus forum

There you go. Asus will be able to help. Call them 812-282-2787. They actually called me today and left a message if my Asus motherboard was still performing OK...... Never had that from a mobo manufacturer. I haven't used an Asus board in 2 years but that was nice of them. :thumbs-up:

Edited by Drdeath

Does manually setting multiplier work in bios????? Disable turbo and see if you can manually change multi. BTW that is a nice overclock if it is stable and I used the M4A79-Deluxe with my Phenom II 940/955/965 and got some of the highest overclocks of many I observed. It is a solid board/

Edited by Drdeath