Thermaltake Frio vs. Noctua NH-U9B SE2?

Miek

I've read the review of the NH-U9B SE2 here at OCC, but I don't think the Frio's be reviewed here yet.

Is one significantly better than the other?

Both cost 59.99 + shipping @ Newegg. Both come with two fans for a push/pull setup. The NH-U9B SE2 is a 92mm HSF while the Frio is 120mm. However, I don't know if the larger HSF size would necessarily mean the Frio's any better.

Can someone clarify a little? Thank you. :)

ALSO: What about the surface quality of the base?

Edited by Miek

i like the frio, do not own either of them yet but im still trying to figure out how to tell if my mobo/RAM will allow for fitting a big cooler, almost positive my case has room except for PSU being bottom mounted puts the CPU up higher near the top fan. but ive been researching them both for a while and im gonna go with the frio and if it doesnt fit it will give me an excuse for a new build :D

That reminds me... I should check if the cooler would actually fit lol. I don't think it'd be an issue though. I've selected the an ASUS board with the 890GX chipset and alternately laid-out RAM slots.

Does anyone know about the base surface quality of the Frio? Would it leave bad marks on my CPU?

- I guess it's worth noting that this is for an upcoming build (though it's seemed like "one more month... ok, just one more month... one more... one more...." lol)

Edited by Miek

It might block the first memory slot, but that might not be an issue depending how high your memory heatspreaders are. The base is pretty good on the Frio -- flat and well finished.