Builing A New P4 System

i need suggestions for a bad . p4 system of course i wanna oc i need suggestion on mobos and stuff for the p4 never really worked with a p4 so i dont know your suggestions would be awesome of a complete syetm i have 1000$ to spend so keep that in mind and i already have a amd system so dont tell me to go amd hahah.

P4 2.4GHz or the 3.2Ghz "C"

Either P4P800 Deluxe or IC7-Max3

Some pimp . PC3200 Low Lantecy memory or some PC4200 (recommended) Get a gig since you have $1000 to spend.. A nice 120GB HDD 7200RPM and 8MB cache and a AIW 9800 pro or 5950 Ultra.. And a pimped out case..

make sure it's pimped too in case extreme didn't make that clear. I would go with exactly what he said but I would more lean towards the low latency PC3200 rather than PC4200.

you definetly want to go with the ddr4200 for a p4 system... 3200 is just too low and wouldnt be able to handle the speed, it would slow down your system... anyways, thats just my take good luck. can't wait to see it up (and folding ;))

3200?? is to slow.. i have that in my system and it flys... i fold at 100%, burn a cd at the same time well watchin a Divix "toms hardware" movie.. well my norton antivirus is runnin a scan... "TO SLOW" :lol::P

i would get a p4 2.8Ghz very oc'able.... im runnin mine at 3.397 ghz now.. and i could go alot more.. with a 70* F room i get 45 digrees load in C.. so thats not bad.. my room is realy now.. 58, but that was with one of thoes huge blowing heaters to heat my room

p4 2.8Ghz

asus p4p800 deluxe

corsair 3200 XMS memory 512x2=1gb or 4 256.. i would rather have 4 256...

ATI or powercolor 9800 XT - PRO

Better sound card?? maby philips.. that cool usb silver one

120 gb main hd and a 200 gb storage!! $$$ pricy.. but maby it will be worth it if you got a TON of games.. if not.. just get 1 120GB..

HST = spark 7+ or invest in watercooling..

PC3200 can handle it fine...that's why they have FSB/memory dividers. Intel chipsets don't suffer nearly as much from running your FSB out of synch with your memory as opposed to the nforce chipsets.