Would the Corsair Hydro H50 be worth the upgrade?

I saw that the Corsair H50 water cooler is only about 90 bucks here and I thought that maybe I could afford one but is it really a big deal since I alrdy have a Sumbeam core contact freezer cooler? I know that it's a water cooler and it performs better and more quiet n stuff but maybe the temperature drop won't be worth the money considering I'm not changing from a stock cooler but from another aftermarket cooler.

an h50 is never worth the upgrade

there are always lower priced items with the same or better performance

the h50 is about owning a neat product that is fun to toy with

exactly what are you dissatisfied about your core contact freezer?

I like my current cooler. I just thought I could get something better. Oh well I guess I'll keep it for now. Prolly won't bother with water cooling at all...good stuff is way too expensive but basically...sux. Maybe one day in the far future I might try phase change or I might not...too early to even think about that kind of stuff.

an h50 is never worth the upgrade

there are always lower priced items with the same or better performance

the h50 is about owning a neat product that is fun to toy with

exactly what are you dissatisfied about your core contact freezer?

Im not quite as down on it as that.

IMO The H50 is a pretty decent product that does what it says, simple, reliable , inexpensive, capable cooling. It does compare well to a good aircooler and should be a bit more quiet. There are a few gotchas though. You need to have a case that has more than one exhaust fan (preferably one at the top) so any accumlated heat can still escape and the case should have plenty of other fans bringing in cool air.

THe H50 is good but not excellent at cooling. HSF's like the Prolimatech Megahalems or the Noctua D14 (current best) do a better job, but they will cost more. From what I have read about your current HSF, its fairly decent so perhaps no reason to go to H50 if performance is what you are after.

If you really want something better then look at Noctua D14.