PC won't reset

I don't know whether this is the write sub-forum to place this in, but every time I reset my computer, or like when something installs and the PC needs reset, the motherboard never wants to power back up. All the fans, even on the video card, spin, but the LED on the MB doesn't light up, and nothing else happens from there and I am forced to hold down the power button. If I let it sit for a few minutes, it powers up just fine. I used to just deal with it because it was always on, but now it is starting to really bother me and I don't know what I can do to fix it. It is overclocked, but it still did it when I first had it at stock settings. If you have any idea please let me know what I should try. PC specs are in signature.

After a brief foray into the jungle that is google results, I've found a few potential fixes and a workaround.

1. Someone's GTLREF voltage needed tweaking, but that was with an overclock... so probably not your issue.

2. Someone had a flash drive plugged in that was causing it to hang at the spot you described. I know some flash drives require you to uninstall them from windows before unplugging, so that might be worth looking into.

3. Try checking the power settings in windows and the BIOS, make sure that it's not going into "s1 standby". I have no idea what that is, sorry lol.

Workaround: You could write a batch file with the command "shutdoun /r /f /t 00" and just double-click that to force a restart. Not sure if this will actually get around your problem but it's worth a shot if you can't really fix it.

My personal suggestion is to remove any USB storage devices, if any, and try again. That is the most common reason I found for this type of issue.

well I thought it might be the fact my external would cause that since you said something about the USB drive attached, but I tried several times and it still doesnt want to power up, even after hitting the button several times, I still have to wait a few minutes for it to work. I have searched all over and can't really find anything else about this.

well I thought it might be the fact my external would cause that since you said something about the USB drive attached, but I tried several times and it still doesnt want to power up, even after hitting the button several times, I still have to wait a few minutes for it to work. I have searched all over and can't really find anything else about this.

I would be willing to bet its a memory issue. Because if the memory holds a charge it will not free all the data that is stored.....which would describe the reason that the PC has to be powered off for a few minutes. Not saying you have bad memory...maybe a compatibility issue though as you said you have had this issue since you had the board.

USB drives aren't the only USB device that can hang a restart. I just had a similar issue with my computer and I found it was caused by my cell phone being plugged in to charge. I suggest unplugging all USB devices but a mouse and keyboard and see what happens.