overclocked my brand new i5 750 to 3.8ghz @1.26250 vCore

mrc1992

hi i just built a brand new i5 system and want to know how far i can push this quad but i dont understand QPI and other new features, i have got it running at 3.8ghz with a voltage of 1.26250 and with Turbo boost enabled i have set all the voltages to stock and it seems to be pretty stable oh and my ram is kingston hyperx 1600mhz DDR3 2x 2GB dual channel, i would like to know what stress tests would be suitable for my i5 could you please point me in the right direction please

ok i managed to get it at 3.8 @ 1.2500 vCore and memory at 1800mhz @ 1.5volt 9-9-9-24 as youcan see the max temp i got was 70, i ran memorytest86+ for 8 hrs and got 0 errors, so is the temps ok for a CM V8, but i will be getting a Noctau NH-D14 when the price goes down a bit, so is this a good temp for my overclock oh and also my motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3R

post-69295-1271764357_thumb.png

post-69295-1271764390_thumb.png

Just a suggestion: You might not want to wait for the price of the NH-D14 to go down. I don't think coolers really go down in price all that often considering they're pretty timeless. Their performance doesn't exactly degrade.

Not gonna lie, the price of the D14 isn't going to go down. Period. Maybe 2 years from now it will be $10 less but it might even go up. If you can snag a deal go for it.