Water Cooling Advice (Pump Recommendation)

brad257

Hey Guys,

I have just bought a saphire 4870 on ebay that I am going to crossfire with my current 4870, the card I purchased on ebay, have had a water block fitted to the gpu and ramsink heatsinks fitted to the memory, also with the card came a spare gpu water block and a feser TFC-X240 - TFC Xchanger Double Radiator 240.

Now I have no idea really when it comes to water cooling, but I sort of know how the system works.

I am going to get 2x RA- Series Cooler Master 90CFM fans for the rad

I am also going to get a set of ramsinks for my card

I need some help when it comes to the rest, what else do i need.

I know I need a pump but not really sure what sort of duty would be required. I am only going to run the system to the graphics cards not the CPU (I have a coolermaster V8) I have limited space so could i get away with just a pump with no resovior or is that a big no no.

Maybe a combined resovior and pump.

Any help guys if you could recommend some products I would be very grateful

Thanks in advance

Brad

swiftech makes some great pumps! the mcp655 is kinda (by my standards) all you need for a reg w/c setup.

otherwise theres a laing d5 which also is not bad.

with the radiators its about how you want to go with it... not all radiators ar ejust add a fan and we are done.

you need to check with the radiator to see if it accomodates low r high CFM fans

i dont know about your feser rad, i heard of feser from their additives (Never really bought feser)

make sure you get a nice tight fit for your tubing! i always keep it so i have to heat up my tubing even to get it on to ensure it won't leak! theres a million things here you can ask about watercooling

and theres alot of pro's when it comes to water cooling here..

BTW to only W/C your videocard is like.. getting a new v8 and then getting your carb. from the junkyard!

the processor needs to be in the loop too!

The Swiftech MCP655 is a rebranded Laing D5 Vario

the other option is a Laing DDC-1T

the DDC-1T is better, the D5 is usually cheaper... they are the main two options for pumps...

and I would generally recommend only buying these pumps with reservoir adapters, rather than an all-in-one pump/res combo from a lesser company like Thermaltake

Bitspower do reservoir tops for DDC pumps: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...Path=59_439_773

so do EK: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...Path=59_439_770

and XSPC: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=23357

Swiftech MPC 355 or higher.

:withstupid: I run the MCP655. Swiftech Is well know for there quality in rads and all assorted parts they run. (very happy with mine see my Rolling work log)

Anyone looking for an all-in-one setup for novice to intermediate water cooling app should consider the Swiftech MCR drive series that combine rad/res/pump into one simple to use unit that can be hung off the back or side of your case using a radbox or similar.

MCR220 Drive Series comes with a MCP350 pump which is adequate for most any single block application. Alternatively you can get just the rad and install your own MCP350 or MCP355.

Stand alone pump for price and availability award has to go to the MCP655 - which is a great pump by my standards.

If you ever have to replace the pump on the drive series radiator all you need to do is remove the old one, take the top off of the new replacement and bolt it into place. Water cooling for this level of cooling performance has never been so easy.

Sure, they are a little pricey ($179 for the 220) but you would spend close to or over that if you bought the components separately.

And, I'm using one - so I'm not just guessing at the performance or ease of installation. This replaced a custom built loop - just for ghits and siggles.

was looking at getting this for my setup what do you guys think?

Will this have enough juice for 2 G cards and CPU

I only really want to do the G cards for now.

Also i cant really find much info on the Rad that i have can anyone tell me what sort of air flow i need for it, as i said before i was looking at 2x 120mm 90CFM cooler master fans

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/12V-Lain...ervoir_394.html

thanks guys

Can any of you guys get back to me about the link to the pump and res in post 9 and let me know if you think it would be ok for just my graphics cards. Also I read that for 1/2" connections I can use 3/8" tubing and heat it up to get a tight fit? Is that correct?

Thanks again in advance

Brad