Phenom ii 955 corsair h50 temps

Hi, i just recently got a corsair h50 and installed it, and im curious because it seems like its not making that much of a difference but im unsure... Right now it idles around 36.5c and loads at about 50c, which is a improvement over my CNPS 9900 and i just put a fresh coat of AS5 on it tonight which i know has a 200 hour set in time.. but i would still think it would get lower... and i dont think after it sets in it could be much lower... as far as applying the TIM to the cpu i used a plastic baggy to spread a thin layer over the entire cpu(hopefully not to little TIM).. my H50 is in a push pull config exhausting out of the case, and i installed it according to the directions i found on Corsairs offical video, OH YEAH lol and the last bit of useful info i can think of is, The CPU in question is the phenom ii 955 OCed to 3.6ghz and its bios voltage is something like 1.385 (although cpuz reports lower 1.334-1.337) if this seems normal thats great.. but if not let me know what i can check to fix it

Sounds about right. You're hardly going to get much below 50C with air cooling (maybe high 40's), under full load, with those overclock and voltage settings. It's still pretty good temps.

Ah, touche. I always thought it was an air exhaust in the pictures, not a liquid exhaust, lol. I only looked at the benchmarks, never really read a review until now. Even for a low end liquid cooler, I find it odd that an air cooler (Noctua D-14) performs better.

That doesn't seem right even my Core Contact Freezer keeps my 550 BE under 50 at full load @ 4.0 Ghz and 1.5v. What case do you have?

He's got a 955 (125W). I have a 720 (95W) and full load at 3.6 GHz and 1.4625V I get 50C load with a COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1. Your 550 is 80W. Higher TDP = more power consumption = higher heat. His cooler is doing about right from the benchmarks I've been reading.

Adding a 2nd fan in a push/pull configuration is always an option. Corsair has an article about 2 fans on their site here http://blog.corsair.com/?p=987

Nice review of load temps and what size screws you'll need. They used an i7 870 at stock and overclocked to 4Ghz with HTT on and the difference @ 4Ghz under full load was 3.5C. That's a significant improvement to me. Some will disagree that it doesn't make much of a difference.

i have a coolermaster 932

Seems pretty decent result to me for your CPU under load. The H50 is not quite as good as a Noctua D14 but not far off it and does as well as many other good air coolers. Nothing wrong with your case either as it will have decent airflow which is important for the H50.