Cooler Master Hyper TX3 92mm cooler

I've already ordered my new mAtx mobo and HSF and for the HSF I chose the CM TX3 which my budget chose for me. For $25 I'm just wondering what to expect with 2x 35cfm silent fans in a push/pull. I know the stock fan is supposedly 57cfm but in a push/pull the airflow should be more efficient equaling I hope the cooling performance of the stock fan at max speed.

Also has anyone sealed the sides of a HSF like this to forcefully direct the airflow?

Edited by WARDOZERX

dont expect much

push/pull works best on thick cores and does not really do much compared to a larger thinner surface

if you want to get better numbers get a 120MM cooler for 5$ more

besides, if you add the extra cost of a 2nd fan you are not exactly getting the best bargain anymore

if you already have the Tx3 then the best thing would be to up the fan speed if your fans are adjustable but u will get more noise from the case

it's not so bad actually. ccokeman did a review on it here and i had one on my i7 860 before going under water. also check with minigeek and i think he'll tell it's pretty ok for the money...no worries !!

Cool, didn't think to check for a review this time arround o_O Wtf is wrong with me there? Anyways, it looks to perform quite well.

I already own the 2x AC AF9 PWM fans that will be going on the heatsink as they are currently in a push/pull on my Shuttle SG31G2's ICE system and keep my E7600 @ 31 - 38*C idle ( depending on room temp ) and load @ 45 - 51* and thats with the fans on medium speed and the CPU @ 333x9 with 1.175v down from the stock 1.2875v.

I'll probably make a srhoud for the TX3 today when it comes in with my new mobo and hopefully that will help increase the efficiency of the airflow and help temps a lil more as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Ooh, got it coolign a Pentium D 930 @ stock at only 27* C idle with a single AF9 Pro @ max speed :) This is a pretty danged decent cooler to keep a 95w CPU at that temp with a single 35CFM fan.

Edited by WARDOZERX