Opinion on phones

Nerm

Well after much time at the verizon store playing with phones and doing my own net research on them I have narrowed it down to either the Droid, Eris, or Storm2. I also have a crush on the Curve but am not including due to lack of multimedia and touch screen functions.

Anyone that has experience or just opinion on these phones let me know. I just can't decide between them.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have decided to ditch Verizon after my contract is up....

here they are changing their policy....new phones MUST have an additional 9.99 data package and if it has a keyboard it MUST have an additional 29.99 data package on top of the plan you already have in place...

I pay 89.00 a month for my plan and I am not about to add another 29.00 on top of that...

I have an LG Dare now and I love it...I got it pre-contract change...

Around here where I live Verizon gets the best service so I don't have much of a choice. If I lived closer to Louisville or Cincinnati then it wouldn't matter what carrier I chose.

I have decided to ditch Verizon after my contract is up....

here they are changing their policy....new phones MUST have an additional 9.99 data package and if it has a keyboard it MUST have an additional 29.99 data package on top of the plan you already have in place...

I pay 89.00 a month for my plan and I am not about to add another 29.00 on top of that...

I have an LG Dare now and I love it...I got it pre-contract change...

No I just went on the site and there are 3 options for new phones unlimited data for 29.99 25MB data for 9.99 or pay per use for free.

I too have been looking for a new phone, because my current one is broken but still works, and have narrowed it down to either the Eris or the Storm 2. I'm leaning more towards the Eris because it is a little slimmer.

Well here Verizon has the best service and coverage of any other wireless provider. All the other other wireless providers only have coverage in the major cites and towns, with Verizon I can be in the middle of B.F.E. and still have all my bars and 3G coverage anyone else as soon as I leave town maybe 1 bar of analog service. That and I get a 16% discount through work.

Where I'm at, Verizon is the best, too. Folks with AT&T have very shoddy service everywhere in town, while Verizon has full bars in every crack and crevice in town, not to mention excellent 3G speeds.

I have a Tour. I like it fine. My dad recently upgraded to the Storm2, and he loves it. The Droid is also a really cool phone, and he was debating between the Storm2 and the Droid for a long time. He wound up going for the Storm2 just because the Blackberry phones have been around longer.

No I just went on the site and there are 3 options for new phones unlimited data for 29.99 25MB data for 9.99 or pay per use for free.

I too have been looking for a new phone, because my current one is broken but still works, and have narrowed it down to either the Eris or the Storm 2. I'm leaning more towards the Eris because it is a little slimmer.

Well here Verizon has the best service and coverage of any other wireless provider. All the other other wireless providers only have coverage in the major cites and towns, with Verizon I can be in the middle of B.F.E. and still have all my bars and 3G coverage anyone else as soon as I leave town maybe 1 bar of analog service. That and I get a 16% discount through work.

when I log into the site I dont get the choice....if it has a keyboard I MUST choose the 29.99 package... and if it doesnt I MUST choose 9.99 they arent optional...

and NONE of them have the pay per use....I even just came from the store today...I have confirmed what i said...I cant get a new phone without the added package unless I buy the phone outright and not renew my contract....

although I like the added features of the newer handy phones I dont use anything other than call and text...and I can do without test so I think my next phone will be a No-Contract pay as you go phone and I will give up the past 15+ years at the same carrier....

Around here where I live Verizon gets the best service so I don't have much of a choice. If I lived closer to Louisville or Cincinnati then it wouldn't matter what carrier I chose.

Doesn't US Cellular have service around IN?

I pay like $80 some bucks for 2 lines, and unlimited web,data, and all the other crap i'll never use

it does go over $100 with teh stupid blackberry package my wife has though.

always get good reception, in the woods, in a storm, in hawaii lol.

If I had Verizon I would already own the Droid hands down.

I have Sprint, and this summer they are releasing the HTC Evo 4g and that phone will be mine the week it is released.

Guest ajmatson

I have the Droid and with the lack of bluetooth voice dial the phone rocks. I can use it for everything even remote administration of my servers which you might like Nerm :)

Stay away from the Storm2. RIM's touchscreen devices are subpar in comparison to other touchscreen devices. Also, if you're comparing the Droid and the Eris, then the obvious choice is the Droid since it's a far superior phone, both in terms of hardware and software (Droid is running a newer version of Android).