how do they do it: Lego

sdy284

so i'm watching how do they do it on the science channel, and they have a bit on Lego. It's pretty interested but this one fact blew me away.

Lego's tolerances are so tight on their manufacturing, only 18 out of every MILLION bricks are defects

holy crap :O

I think I saw that show. I was blown away. They said that's why they are so expensive. They could cut QC and make their products cheaper, but it would result in more defects, which they want to avoid. If I were still a kid I'd still be out pushing a lawn mower to just have enough money to buy the new pirate ship.

I think I saw that show. I was blown away. They said that's why they are so expensive. They could cut QC and make their products cheaper, but it would result in more defects, which they want to avoid. If I were still a kid I'd still be out pushing a lawn mower to just have enough money to buy the new pirate ship.

http://ldd.lego.com/

No way, that can't possibly be right o.o Can it?

It might not be that much but it's a really big number. There's 21 ways to put two of them together.

21^5 is over 4 million, and that not counting identical ways.

Edited by TheHippi

It might not be that much but it's a really big number. There's 21 ways to put two of them together.

21^5 is over 4 million, and that not counting identical ways.

That's what I was thinking! There's a ton of different ways to be using 6 lego bricks!