1156 build is coming

TropicalPreist

Ok so i went ahead and bought his mobo for the build but now im having second thoughts. you see i didn't relaize it doesn't even have at least one x16 slot. :( should i get this one instead? ( http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?...Series%20Family )

This is the one i bought....

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?...Series%20Family

sorry ill have pics soon...i just wanted to wait until i have all the pieces...

doesnt make a difference....

8x8 or 16x8 or 16x16....number only thing that change..you might see better benches on the 16x8 than 8x8

but only in benches...not real world running...

I run quadfire in 8x8 and it runs as well as my buddies 16x16

doesnt make a difference....

8x8 or 16x8 or 16x16....number only thing that change..you might see better benches on the 16x8 than 8x8

but only in benches...not real world running...

I run quadfire in 8x8 and it runs as well as my buddies 16x16

So i wouldn't notice and drop in frames or anything like that?

So i wouldn't notice and drop in frames or anything like that?

You shouldn't. Even if its x8/x8 you should still get great performance. You may see a tiny, tiny, tiny bit of a frame rate drop compared to x16/x16, but like the doc said, it would not be noticeable in real world apps. If you're constantly running benchmarks then yeah, there may be a slight dip but in gaming, you won't. Even at x8, PCI-e 2.0 x8 is close to what PCI-e 1.0 x16 gives. So you should be just fine in the long run, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

i only bought a mid-tower...i don't like how full atx boards crowd up a case so i figured a micro would look nicer in a "mid-tower" at least.

meh, i dont think the compensation is worth losing OC capabilities and less features

The only thing you lose with a microATX board is the amount of expansion cards you can add. Most have about 4 slots compared to the usual 6 or 7 on full size ATX. Thats about all you lose really.. they still OC just fine like TropicalPriest showed. I personally wouldn't go for a microATX board since I like being able to have plenty of expansion cards, but they work just fine compared to other size boards. So long as they have decent MOSFET cooling, they'll work out fine.