Q9300 OC to 3.0 help

Utmost

If you have not already, you should be setting your ram timings/speed/voltage manually.

+1, your memory was probably at different than default timings because of your motherboard's inclination to auto-set it.

Yeah, I'm at 1.28 vcore with my Q9300 at 3.0ghz. Never goes above 60 with the Xigmatek cooler. Check your memory speeds as others have said. graysky's guide that's stickied at the top of this forum provides info on what needs to be done.

I run my Q9300 at just below 1,3V (1,296V) at a steady 24/7 3.0GHz (400MHz bus) clock, which is even lower voltage than standard. What stepping and revision have you got for your chip?

CPU-Z says I have stepping 7 , revision M1

It also shows my voltage cycling thorugh 1.14, 1.152, and 1.160. I swear my bios said voltage was 1.34. I'm gonna check it again.

Well good news, I think. I dropped my RAM speed to 800 from 1066, and set FSB to 1600 for 1:1. I set my vcore to 1.2075 and it ran prime 95 for 12 hours! As I reread graysky's guide a few time things begin to become clearer. I'm sure I have more tweaking to do and will have questions still, but thx again for all the help so far. For now I guess it's time to drop voltage again, mand see if it's still stable.

If you want to up it a notch you can try these settings:

FSB 480

Multi 7,5

Vcore 1,34

Ram 1:1 = 480 (960Mhz)

PLL 1,6

Offcourse its for Asus P5Q Deluxe but these are the settings i use and i ran Prime95 for 20 hours without any error

Thx Zeb, maybe I will. I run the 750i FTW, so I'll have to see how those voltages work out. Does the 1:1 ratio work better usually? Why is it better than 5:8? If it is.

I don't think that the 1:1 ratio matter alot today, i think it was a big deal on older hardware, but i didnt see any improvement trying it.

Well I had a stable 3.0 but had to drop ram speed to 800 as I mentioned before. So today I set my ram back to 1066 and bumped up my voltage to 1.2500 from 1.2150 or there abouts. 2 times now prime95 has been running stable for over an hour then bam computer just reboots, if I'm away I'll come back to check on the test and it's just my desktop with nothing running. P95 seemed to be doing just fine, temps were 55-60C across all cores. Any ideas?