Euro Lottrery winners scoop

Great_Gig

^ Absolutely, I think the comments that 'most people' who win spend it all and end up worse than they were before, is just media BS. Of course we hear about the fools who win and splurge the lot, that's a great news story. But you never hear about the people who make the most of it.... that's boring - but that would be the majority of the lottery winners. If you are an idiot when you win the lottery, you will just be an idiot with a lot of money afterwards. An idiot with money will soon just be an idiot again!

Simple formula really, buy what you need, give some to friends and family to improve their lives and then invest the rest and live off the income...... it beats me how lottery winners can end up with nothing, they even get free financial advice over here.... but then again, an idiot is an idiot.... period :huh:

And anyway, this was just a light hearted whimsical muse on what people would do if they won, but somehow it's turned into a philosophical debate on the evils of having too much money. Lol...

Yeah you had a good idea with the travelling, I wouldn't have even thought to do that. I was too concerned with securing my wealth lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Travel is my passion, the more I see of the world, the more I realise there is to see! And there's the rub...... work and lack of money get in the way :( But I'm really lucky to have seen what I have already, so I can't complain :)

^ Travel is my passion, the more I see of the world, the more I realise there is to see! And there's the rub...... work and lack of money get in the way :( But I'm really lucky to have seen what I have already, so I can't complain :)

OCC Eurotrip wut wut..... I've never been out of north america (only been in mexico, canada and us)

BBC News - Does winning the lottery make you happy?

This is a very interesting article, written as a result of the UK 56 Million win - seems we all pretty much have the same views ;)

Money in itself will never make an unhappy person happy, but as I said before, "it's not the money 'buying' happiness, it's having the means to be able to do the things that make you happy". But that is only achieved by making sensible decisions. Michael Carroll is a classic illustration of what happens when an idiot wins millions!