Stubborn Phenom 9950 140w

jadraker

Hi,

I read in many places that people with Phenom 9950 can reach at least 2,9-3,0 GHZ. In my case it's impossible.

First I had a MSI K9A2 Platinum in which the processor reached 2,7 with stock voltage. Any higher (from 2,8) and BSOD. Later and as mobo was defective, I changed to a newer and better motherboard, ASUS M4A79 Deluxe (with SB750 and ACC). Unfortunately ACC set in auto, per core, etc doesn't help. To reach 2,7 stable, in this mobo I needed to put voltage higher than default, to 1,35V. Any higher and BSOD. Tried a higher speed (2,8) voltage (1,4v) and it helped a little, Prime95 duration was a little longer, however it's still unstable.

I can't go higher as I'm using default cooler and I don't think that a 1,45v worth a 2,8 GHZ speed. I'm ocing modifying the multiplier, all others options are default.

Why some people can go to 3,0 without adjusting voltage? Is there any value I can test in ACC to oc more, even at 2,8.

Thanks. :D

-ASUS M4A79 Deluxe

-AMD Phenom 9950 140w

-4X1 GB DDR2 667 Kingston Value RAM

-MSI ATI Radeon 4850

-Cooler Master Real Power Pro 550w

-Windows 7 x64

i have a gigabyte 790fx chipset and SB650 im not sure,when i had a stock cooler i overclocked my cpu to 2.7 with stock voltage it was reaching 70 to max 1 hour of prime95 but not stable for more than an hour,but are u crazy the stock voltage is 1.3 even if u increase to 1.35 the cpu will be sure unstable,never increase the voltage if u have a stock cooler,overclocking is more dependent on the cooler than the mobo,after i got the tuniq 120 extreme i overclocked like hell,to max i got was 3.4 at 1.45 voltage,after 2.8 i had to change the voltage my cpu was unstable,if u ask me i dont know how those ppl got 3 ghz without a voltage increase, try going for the new cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 or D12 which ever is there in ur budget if u have one? whts ACC do u mean AOD-amd overdrive.