Asus P5E Deluxe CPU cooler

doomis

Hello everyone, first post in this forum. I'll jump straight in my question: Since my motherboard(Asus P5E Deluxe) has the CPU surrounded by some huge heat sinks, I'm wondering if someone can help me pick a CPU cooler that will fit. I'm thinking of the Cooler Master V8 as the first choice but I'm afraid that it won't fit and I will just waste my money. Same thing for the Zalman CNPS9700 which I'm 99% sure it wont fit :( . Next there is the Mugen 2 which I have seen other people install on my mobo with ease. But I am not sure about the first 2 choices that seem better than the Mugen 2 and therefore I would like to ask if someone with the same mobo as me has one of those installed or can suggest something else that can cool a Intel Q9550 very well. Also there is no need to worry about the height since I will buy a Cooler Master HAF 922 too and it seems to have a lot of space.

PS. The heat sinks around the CPU are about 1 inch high (as high as the pins that the stock Intel cooler has)

I had the X38 DDR2 version of this board and the layout and heatsinks are really the same. I had a Zalman 9700, TRUE Ultra, and Prolimatech Megahalems on it. All 3 fit just fine. I believe all 3 you mentioned will fit. On my setup the Zalman on a Q6600 wasn't a good cooler. The TRUE Ultra was good and the Prolimatech was the best of them. Had 2 fans on the TRUE and Prolimatech in a push/pull config. Later upgraded to a Q9550 and the Prolimatech kept it overclocked nice and cool.

Prolimatech http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835242001