Next Target Macaddict4llife

road-runner

Well we might as well take out another Mac team while we are on the roll, come on guys bump the clock speed up a click or two or drag out another machine, get a friend to folding, MacNN has done started something he cant stop now! As someone said he has awoke a sleeping giant, we can do it come on team work!!

Instead of fighting over AMD vs. Intel we need to all get together and show them Mac boys what kind of folding OCC can do, who knows how far up the list may get!

Edited by road-runner

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I increase the clock speed, Folding creates errors and restarts the WU, so I have to stay @ 2.2GHz :angry:

2800+ @ 2.2GHz

2600+ @ 2.08GHz

P4 @ 1.3GHz

P4 @ 2.26GHz

P4 @ 2.53GHz

My 3.2 was doing the same thing, I founf out if I can keep it cooler I can go higher with the errors and work unit end early error :)

I keep it below 40C @ Full Load, even with a vcore increase. I can't seem to get Folding to work above 2.2GHz. Everything else runs fine @ 2.4GHz.

Well I do not know much about AMDs but that may be all that chip can perform accurately

I overclocked my 2600+ today. It wasn't even worth the effort. It only let me get 28MHz above stock speeds. :(

Stock: 2083MHz

Overclocked: 2111MHz

Tazwegion got a better overclock on his 400MHz Celeron :angry:

If I put it any higher it won't even post. It's the KT400 chipset that is holding me back. I tried decreasing the multiplier and increasing the vcore. I got it to 2188, but it wouldn't load Windows. I tried increasing the FSB to 200, and upping the vcore to 1.85V, but it wouldn't post. I made sure the divider was properly set, so that isn't the problem. I got this chip to 2.4GHz with my nForce2 motherboard that I have my 2800+ in now.

I think the main problem is that IT'S A SOYO

My KT400 board works fine at 12x183 with stock voltage. Guess you should just blame Soyo. Oh well. You probably wouldn't notice much of a difference between stock speeds and 12x183 (it shows up on the benchmarks but I don't really notice in real world performance)

Edited by InvaderTrax