NVCC

rmb938

My motherboard just got a bios update last month and I found out it added nvidia core calibration and the "unleashing mode" to my CPU. I want to try and get the 4th core unlocked but I am having a bit of a problem. I tried NVCC on auto and it didn't work. Then I can choose it for all cores or for each core and it gives me like a percent thing. What does the percent thing do? I tried messing with it but idk what I am doing lol

Nobody knows what exactly the ACC option does except unlock cores. The percentages, some say to improve stability or something but I'm not sure how it works...no one is. I read about it a while back and ended up with an inconclusive conclusion...basically. I do know that they have nothing to do with unlocking. All you need is 1 single option to unlock all cores, and a second one if you want only certain cores unlocked, so u can make a tri core instead of a quad for example. This is how my ACC screen looks like. The option that is selected is the one that will unlock the cores, it should be on auto if u want to unlock, and on disabled if u don't want unlocking. All mobo BIOSes have different interface so it might not look like that but it might be similar so look around.

Yes you can but I don't think you can choose which one. At least I can't. After you enable the ACC, u should have the choices of what kind of CPU u want to make it under an option that should have something to do with the CPU Family. Mine is called "AMD Family 10h Down Core", then inside I can choose one of the following: Single Core, Dual Core, Tri Core, Quad Core. Look for things like that in your bios.

actually ACC's original function is to improve overclockability in older phenom proc but the newer phenom II has the ACC built in to it. i don't know if there is going to be an option for cpu family cause my NVCC only have the option for auto/per core/all core, you might wanna try turning off the computer after setting the ACC to auto. mine won't even post after turning on the ACC till i turn off the computer and on again.

Edited by panjang110

Yea for my NVCC it only has the auto/per/all core thing as well. Mine won't even post either with ACC on. If I turn it off then back on it shows a overclocking error and restores it back to normal.

well that mean your 4th core is either damaged or unlockable. but don't don't worry it won't affect your oc. mine will unlock all the core but P95 will show error on 4th core. but when I put the cpu in AMD board all 4 core work properly, I think it's Nvidia NVCC problem to unlock all the core properly so if you happen to own an AMD board with ACC give it try maybe the 4th core is unlockable and functioning ^_^

Edited by panjang110