Google's going crazy with Chrome OS!

mabandla2003

actually...from viewing apple, I think their success was more based on their hardware than a superior OS. I think it's quite well known that Windows 7 is a lot more functional that Apple...but because of the perception of their hardware as "cool" they will continue to sell their crappy OS.

I thin a strategy like that for the anaemic Chrome OS would work...weak OS coupled with awesome hardware = sales!

It depends on your definition of superior. Windows is written with compatibility in mind (though I haven't gotten an old sixteen bit programs to work on any 7 64-bit machine I've touched) and as such has to have a lot of code left in it from previous version and several other things that can bog it down. Mac on the other hand is written with optimization in mind, so old code is removed (I believe there are in fact programs that could run in OSX but can't run in OS10.5). As a Mac's hardware is controlled by Apple they can optimize quite well, but because Microsoft doesn't control PC hardware, Windows cannot be as optimized.

If superior means better performance on the same hardware, Mac, and probably the infant Chrome OS, will beat Windows. If superior means more that can be performed, Windows owns all. (Leaving Linux out, because with all of its flavors, it would be too complicated to compare.)

Apple pushes Mac as cool by saying it performs better, but if more people realized that performance comes at the cost of their favorite program, then they would probably not see it as cool. But then Apple is just seen as so cool, the flaws and that come with that name are often overlooked: How will psychologists describe the iPhone syndrome in the future?.

As far as security on a Mac goes, that's just because so few people use Mac, hackers don't waste their time. Same reason why Linux has even fewer. Most times I've crashed a Window's PC it was not Window's fault. Either it was mine, or the program I was running is glitchy, or a combination of both. Windows suffers by working with everything, so everything elses' glitches effect it. Work with only the select, elite, few, and fewer glitches occur.

I feel I should also point out that it has been found that the majority of Mac uses are very technology literate, and also have PC's. Despite what the commercials say, most Mac users aren't "a Mac", or "a PC," they're what they want to be, both.

Have you used it?

I have. I liked it.

It's nice if you only use your computer for basic things like checking email, web browsing, word processing. However if your like a gamer or run special or resource intense software Google chrome OS can't really do any of that stuff so its basically worthless to a power user.

It's nice if you only use your computer for basic things like checking email, web browsing, word processing. However if your like a gamer or run special or resource intense software Google chrome OS can't really do any of that stuff so its basically worthless to a power user.

It's okay, kinda like that ASUS SpeedGate thingo. I wouldn't bother trying to game on it though...