How noisy is 45 dBA ?

Those would be Cooler Master R4 series fans; they move alot of air while not being overly noisy.

That would be them yeah. I have to say they were my first choice before I saw the Kaze fans and while I don't mind some noise the way 45 dBA was described I don't think I would of liked it. $10 is a small premium to pay for the Coolermaster R4 I guess.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah man 45 dBa would be like a decentyl sized stand up fan running in your room 24/7, let one you get more, it'll 2x, 3x times louder! :blink:

Yeah I plan on buying 4 case fans so it would of been 45dBA only 4 of them all going at once.

For me personally I find that 25db is really quiet, 28db is noticeable and 30 is getting a bit noisy (i could put up with 30 but you will know its there)

I've tested this with the 3 settings on my Antec tri-cool fans.. so I can't guarantee how accurate they rate their fans

I had to laugh when I saw some fans for sale that are 65db,, It would sound like a fighter jet is warming up its engines in your house

Edited by feetfats

Ratings for fans are almost useless...they all test too differently.

I've had fans rated at 19 dB that were FAR louder than fans rated at 35 dB. :lol:

same with airflow... personally i stick to noiseblocker or noctua ... they actually seem to be legit...

Edited by unknownuser200

my 3x yate loons (40dba) on top of my radiator which run full speed 24/7 aren't that loud to me?

maybe im just used to it, i have to work around it and i think its the white noise that reminds of it that i kinda block out in my head.

my 9800gt and up videocards were all louder (theres sides on my main pc =] )

my wife however says when she met me she noticed that my computer was insane loud. so apparently its just me because now she is going on about how it used to annoy the heck outta her. haha even my wife knows better than to complain out my computers! :D

same with airflow... personally i stick to noiseblocker or noctua ... they actually seem to be legit...

I'll check out their site and see if anything tickles my fancy. They would have to be willing to ship to Canada though.