Memory Divider?

i'm guessing based on my experiences with intel that once you stabilize the ram you can then raise the multi, so yes.

oh I didn't know that worked. making the multiplier lower than max but upping the cpu freq.

wont that like...mess things up?

oh I didn't know that worked. making the multiplier lower than max but upping the cpu freq.

wont that like...mess things up?

huh :blink: i guess i'm not saying it right... what i mean is drop the fsb back to 200 and raise the multi... the closer you can get to 1:1 match on the ram the better off you are, the more stable it will be...here i just saw a link in another thread you should read, i'll see if i can copy it here...

here try this, maybe reading this will clarify things a bit more

http://techreaction.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367

kwik edit: and thanx to the boinker in the 4ghz thread for the link, i found it very helpful myself ...

well the highest it goes is 14.5x multi. and at 200 that makes it 2.9ghz (or what it is at at stock lol)

ah ok, i get you now, ...

3500\14.5=241.37fsb

3400\14.5=234.48

3300\14.5=227.58

3200\14.5=220.68

3100\14.5=213.79

3000\14.5=206.89

what i you went 13 instead of 14.5 or is 14.5 all you get on that cpu, how low can you go ? on the multiplier

kwik edit: the hot ticket for you would be 10x333 if you can get it ....333x4=1332 the native frequency of your ram

ah ok, i get you now, ...

3500\14.5=241.37fsb

3400\14.5=234.48

3300\14.5=227.58

3200\14.5=220.68

3100\14.5=213.79

3000\14.5=206.89

what i you went 13 instead of 14.5 or is 14.5 all you get on that cpu, how low can you go ? on the multiplier

kwik edit: the hot ticket for you would be 10x333 if you can get it ....333x4=1332 the native frequency of your ram

uh the multi goes as low as 1x all the way up to 14.5x

uh the multi goes as low as 1x all the way up to 14.5x

then start at 9x333=3ghz and work up from there test increase test increase until you need to ad voltage to the vcore and then retest again...

I would suggest barely upping the reference clock, and testing at 5MHz increments until you figure out what you're doing. Perhaps if you were more experienced, and knew what the chip could do you could take large leaps, however, you're going backwards... For now, I'd recommend just sticking with the default CPU multiplier. You can play with it later when you have a better idea of what you're doing.

Step one.

Test at stock, figure out what memory settings work. Watch temperatures and note levels throughout the process.

Step two.

Up FSB (small increments), use memory multipliers to maintain memory stability. You can tweak the memory later. Pay attention to HTT and CPU-NB speeds (you may have to drop some associate multipliers...)

Step three.

If you hit a wall, slightly increase voltages, test again. Continue upping FSB until you hit another wall. At some point you won't be able to hold reasonable temperature or the voltage increases won't get you any reasonable increase in overclock.

I apologize for lecturing you, but, if you're going to learn, you might as well figure out the steps in the process...