5870 scoring 6.0 in WEI

Nodgiles

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just dont even follow the WEI if you have a 4xxx or 5xxx ati card your score is easily over 7.x. My opinion is if you can run Crysis or Far Cry 2 in max settings at 1920x1200 with AAx4. Which my Sapphire 5850 can then i think your video card is above a 7.5 lol.

I finallly got mine sorted out...I just did an absolute clean install of windows 7 deleting all partitions and everything and installed all the latest drivers and now after a few days of checking its solid at 7.8...

I finallly got mine sorted out...I just did an absolute clean install of windows 7 deleting all partitions and everything and installed all the latest drivers and now after a few days of checking its solid at 7.8...

Me too, same way...

post-70335-1263149241_thumb.jpg

Edited by MichOxan

Man you think you are having issues...check this out, im now pist at bill gates, check it:

look at my signature and WEI is ranking my HD 5970 at 6.0

...whats more crazy is that my two solid state drive in a raid 0 give me and average reading speed of 379 and writing speed of 180 WEI rank it at 5.9?

Me too, same way...

It took me like 3 days of reinstalling games and this and that but I guess it was worth it lol...I was most afraid that something might be wrong with the card cause I had just gotten it, so I decided a clean install was the only way to really resolve it. Driver cleaner did nothing to help. Off topic, I am super impressed at how well this card runs crysis and every other game vs the 4870x2 xfired with a 4870 I had did. I swear its like night and day..I know the game isnt optimized blah blah but 1 5870 is better than 3 last gen gpus? Thats just crazy!

but still i'd like how to fix this

well us last 2 posters fixed our issues by doing an absolute clean install and deleting partitions....I think its a driver issue to be honest. My problem started after I applied the dirt 2 hotfix and nothing I did would seem to fix it. Uninstalling drivers and reinstalling drivers didnt work...even restoring the computer to an earlier back up than when I started having the problem didnt work...All that worked was a clean install...I assume this could be fixed with the release of the new ATI drivers but if you dont wanna wait do the clean install.

If you dont know how to do an absolute clean install heres a site to help.. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsys...tall-part-1.htm