I have a mobo that supports 1066 but..

compbrainiac

OCCT gives a cpu core error when i set bios to 1066... Anyone have any experiance with this? I put volts from 1.8 to 2.0 on Memory.. does this when i leave it at 1.8 also.. thanks

post-69895-1260643005_thumb.png

ya i change it form auto to manual and set 1066, it recgonizes it as that, but in OCCT i fail within 30 seconds.. when its set to 1066 CPU z still reads it as pc 6400 (400mhz) my board is sopposed to support 1066 with a am2+ procc.. I have am3.. maybe bios update?

Edited by compbrainiac

usually different speeds have different timing profiles. If it was set to a slower speed before then the timings were probably tighter. If you've changed it manually then you might have to edit the timings too as per the memory's specs.

usually different speeds have different timing profiles. If it was set to a slower speed before then the timings were probably tighter. If you've changed it manually then you might have to edit the timings too as per the memory's specs.

Is there a base timing I can go from/copy for gskill ddr2 1066? I have no idea what im doing when it comes to RAM timings..

I have my settings back to the way it was when I passed the 8 hr OCCT.. now im getting bluescreen after 5 mins of OCCT.. what the heck.. could it be from GPU OC that i did few days ago? Im not sure if i did OCCT for cpu after that.. Only the GPU OCCT test i think

Edited by compbrainiac

Is there a base timing I can go from/copy for gskill ddr2 1066? I have no idea what im doing when it comes to RAM timings..

You didn't say which G.Skill modules you have. They have several 1066MHz DDR2 modules with voltages from 1.8 to 2.4 depending.