Cooling i5 750

WilliamP

I am planning on building an i5 750 system. I have an OC't E8500 and was wondering if the i5 will need better cooling than the E8500. I hope to OC the i5 750 to close to 4 GHz.

I am planning on building an i5 750 system. I have an OC't E8500 and was wondering if the i5 will need better cooling than the E8500. I hope to OC the i5 750 to close to 4 GHz.

it depends if you want to get to 4 i think pick some thing like CM v8 , prolimatech ..., etc ..if you want to overclock just a little like 3.0-3.5

i think any one that fits your budget ..

At close to 4GHz will the i5 generate more heat than the E8500?

i do not know for sure but i think yes since it has memory controller inside it and more stuff than C2Ds .. but if you have a cooler buy the brackets and try it if it gives you what you need then it is ok if not get another one

The reason I was asking is I just today received my Megahalem and wasn't sure weather to put it on my E8500 or save it for my new system. My E8500 after 12 hours on Prime95 is only 56C.

save that cooler for i5 and put 2 fans on it , one of our members here has the same cooler and he is using it with 920 @ 4.5 i think

which i believe that i7(1366) run hotter than (1156)